Guess who is second in sacks at DT in the league. (1 Viewer)

Fairley has never had a talent issue. His problem was being over weight and nagging injuries which were likely do to his poor conditioning. There was a great article talking about after his first few years he actually got on a diet plan and took working out seriously. Fairley is hands down a top 5 interior pass rusher when he's in shape. I will be pretty upset if we don't resign him which I don't see anyway we don't. Having Fairley rotate with Rankins rotate while both lining up on passing downs is going to be great and can be a top 3 interior pass rushing duo for the next 3-5 years.

Nice to finally have the interior of our DLine set for a few years. We are 1 stud DE from having great starters and great depth on the DLine. I think Jamie Collins needs to be our #1 target in FA and do whatever it takes to get him. He would be an absolute perfect DE/LB for DA defense. He is so versatile being able to rush the passer and stop the run from the DE position while also being able to cover and play just about any LB position. We need this type of defensive player. Adding him would completely change our defense.

Also Sterling Moore is looking like a major pick up. We need to lock up Webb and Moore for next season along with Fairley.

You lock up Webb & Moore, have Breaux, Williams, Crawley, and Swann back, you won't need to draft any CBs. Just focus on both lines. Build around Jordan, Fairly, Rankins, Davison, and find pass rushers. This defense isn't too far off imho.

Glover, Greer, Lewis come to mind. A little early to put Fairley ahead of them.
I'm pretty sure I didn't do that.

Also, even though I agree with the talent you listed as great FA signings, two of them are CB's.
He specifically said linemen.

I'm done.

I'm starting to think he wasn't lazy...just never been a well conditioned DT and his effort is based on how Fresh he is. Can't wait to get a 5 man rotation going at DT when Rankins returns. Onyemata,Jenkins,Davison, Rankins,Fairley is going to be awesome. A fresh Edebali when Kruger returns will also aid the passrush when we have backups in as the game goes on.

Imagine adding a player like Myles Garrett to that.

giphy.gif

Terry Fontenot deserves a shout out for his part in these recent hits. As the director of pro scouting, he is responsible for the free agents that the team develops interest in, from every pro league they may be playing in.

So he has had a hand in Breaux, Stupar, Mauti, Webb, Moore, Robertson, Fairley, Fleener, Unger, Kuhn, and Hightower.

In the interest of fairness, he also had oversight of Browner, Byrd, Ellerbe, Laurinaitis, Kruger, and a few others that haven't lived up to the fans' expectations. But I'd say that he's done a pretty decent job at finding the fits, all things considered.

Shhh...don't tell anybody. You could cause him to get a "random" drug test.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom