Guess who is second in sacks at DT in the league. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Our very FA pick up of the year... Nick Fairley.

3.5 sacks in 5 games. 😊

We need to go ahead and lock him up long term.

There were rumors he was lazy in Detroit, but he was a good player with the Rams and now us.

I'm starting to think he wasn't lazy...just never been a well conditioned DT and his effort is based on how Fresh he is. Can't wait to get a 5 man rotation going at DT when Rankins returns. Onyemata,Jenkins,Davison, Rankins,Fairley is going to be awesome. A fresh Edebali when Kruger returns will also aid the passrush when we have backups in as the game goes on.

Said it in another thread. In the offseason establishing legit depth at CB and on the Dline should be primary. Those guys will win or lose games for this D. Not the LB crew. People want an awesome Panthers like LB crew and it's just not necessary because it's not the style of game we play. This will forever be a passing team and this the strength/weakness of the D will be its Secondary and Passrush.

Specifically with the way DA calls games and manufactures a passrush the Seconday is most important followed by a good rotation on the Dline..

He's one of those guys that getting let go, and bouncing around a bit paid off for him. It probably got his head together better. Some guys have too many "yes men" around them and they can't be told no, because they're still on top. Some people need to have it all taken away to appreciate it.

Now, I'm assuming all this, but clearly, going from the Lions, Rams to us has helped his play.

He's one of those guys that getting let go, and bouncing around a bit paid off for him. It probably got his head together better. Some guys have too many "yes men" around them and they can't be told no, because they're still on top. Some people need to have it all taken away to appreciate it.

Now, I'm assuming all this, but clearly, going from the Lions, Rams to us has helped his play.

Eh. Fairley lost a lot of weight and was productive his last year in Detroit. He's had it figured out for a few years. I think teams are just weary of giving him a long term deal.

If he can reach LaRoi Glover's level he can put himself in the conversation.
I responded to a comment that said one of the best ever.

I can't remember a lot of great free agent defensive linemen in our past besides LaRoi

Let's just hope that if we do sign him long term, he isn't one of those guys that gets paid after a contract year and gets lazy again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom