Guess who will benefit the most if the ACA is repealed... (1 Viewer)

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Senate Republicans have no idea what they're doing. It took years to ramp up for the ACA. So much behind-the-scene adaptations, changes, setup, permitting, vetting, etc etc...and they want to just cut it off at the knees and expect a replacement to just go "poof!" into readiness.

Morons. Vindictive morons.

superlaser

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Senate Republicans have no idea what they're doing. It took years to ramp up for the ACA. So much behind-the-scene adaptations, changes, setup, permitting, vetting, etc etc...and they want to just cut it off at the knees and expect a replacement to just go "poof!" into readiness.

From my experience, they tend to thing simply uttering the phrase 'free market' over and over is a viable plan to find everything.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Classic example of people voting one way based on what their daddies told them while not realizing that they're a part of the same class of the "enemy" they think they're fighting against.

Meanwhile, the rich get richer.

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As someone who was stupidly opposed to it back then, would not be very happy when it is taken away from me now.

For the record, my opposition was due to some of the shady nature it was handled and I thought it was a half-booty attempt that didn't go far enough.

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score

Why do we believe they want a replacement ? If they did, they would have a replacement ready to go for right after the repeal jmo.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The bad optics that began Paul Ryan&#39;s town hall: Ex-Reagan campaign worker thanks Obamacare for saving his life. <a href="https://t.co/bacg2Qk3TL">pic.twitter.com/bacg2Qk3TL</a></p>&mdash; Dan Diamond (@ddiamond) <a href="https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/819799851089047556">January 13, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The bad optics that began Paul Ryan&#39;s town hall: Ex-Reagan campaign worker thanks Obamacare for saving his life. <a href="https://t.co/bacg2Qk3TL">pic.twitter.com/bacg2Qk3TL</a></p>&mdash; Dan Diamond (@ddiamond) <a href="https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/819799851089047556">January 13, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I really need to watch that whole thing, and wish they would have included Ryan's answer in that clip.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I really need to watch that whole thing, and wish they would have included Ryan's answer in that clip.
If you find out his whole answer, let me know if there's more to replacing it than "we're going to replace it with something better" but in multiple paragraphs never giving any specifics. That's all I've come across in terms of the actual proposed replacement.

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you find out his whole answer, let me know if there's more to replacing it than "we're going to replace it with something better" but in multiple paragraphs never giving any specifics. That's all I've come across in terms of the actual proposed replacement.
Out of all the GOP, he is the one guy I would expect a decent response from.

FuzzyDunlop

waste of paint
Reaction score
Prediction: The democrats will be left to clean it all up after this nightmare is over, then the short-term memory deficient United States electorate will rear its ugly head again.

Just to be clear, the democratic party is far from perfect. But it really feels like they are the only elected officials in sight that are willing to help govern us to a sustainable future.

When there is one party that runs (and wins) on being anti-government, this is what happens. They can blow it all up without consequence.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Here's the whole town hall. The exchange is only about a minute in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D81lQg6MSM

OP
nolaspe

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh there will be consequences for us.
Especially for those with lower incomes...

Second, ACA repeal would significantly raise taxes on about 7 million low- and moderate-income families due to the loss of their premium tax credits — worth an average of $4,800 in 2017 — that help them buy health coverage through the health insurance marketplaces and afford to go to the doctor when needed.[1]

CountWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
It's so baldly obvious who these people are working for.

This is why every time I read "But, both sides do it!", a little part of me dies inside. Both sides do not gut medical care for the poor and middle class in order to serve the interests of a chosen few. Sure, the ACA is not a perfect system and does much to entrench corporate interests in healthcare. But it's a damn sight better than what preceded it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom