Guice, Coach O and a world of trouble ahead (1 Viewer)

I have not been following this at all. I'll be curious to see the timeline and who was head coach when this all happened since the coaching change was in 2016. Was this a factor in the exit of Miles, or did it happen in Coach O's program?

I have not been following this at all. I'll be curious to see the timeline and who was head coach when this all happened since the coaching change was in 2016. Was this a factor in the exit of Miles, or did it happen in Coach O's program?
Started while Miles was there, but there is this part from the story that doesn't look good-

The woman’s boyfriend at the time, an LSU football recruit, wasn’t at the party. He said the woman told him afterward about the alleged assault and her conversation with the nurse. His description matched that of the woman’s.

The former boyfriend redshirted his freshman year and said he steered clear of Guice because “I probably would have lost my (expletive) on him.” He said LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron brought up the subject of his then-girlfriend and Guice about a year after the alleged assault, telling the athlete he shouldn’t be bothered by it.

“(Orgeron) said, ‘Everybody’s girlfriend sleeps with other people,’ ” the former player told USA TODAY.

Of course, it's also quite possible Orgeron never said that or said something the boyfriend interpreted that way even though what was actually said (if the boyfriend and Orgeron indeed actually spoke about the subject) may have been different. The news story only presents one side. And it is even possible that LSU's Title IX office actually followed proper procedures in this case, despite what the story says. I will withhold judgment until more information comes out.

Any more information on this subject? I haven't heard anything new...

As an LSU fan, we like to pretend we are better than this. We like to pretend that our school is a shining example of how to run a program, how to build up and win a Championship, how to provide a quality education for our student athletes. We are not. We are what we are and that is soiled. Stained by the taint of win at all costs. We have failed the very students we are charged with protection.

I am sad for LSU and I am sad for the women that were put through all of this. LSU needs to do a better job.

If these allegations are true, then we have to clean house, nobody should be above the law.... totally different allegations but didnt like the fact we kept our Basketball Coach after what we heard on a recording and throw this into the mix not a great combo... doing anything to win is not ok

As an LSU fan, we like to pretend we are better than this. We like to pretend that our school is a shining example of how to run a program, how to build up and win a Championship, how to provide a quality education for our student athletes. We are not. We are what we are and that is soiled. Stained by the taint of win at all costs. We have failed the very students we are charged with protection.

I am sad for LSU and I am sad for the women that were put through all of this. LSU needs to do a better job.

It takes some imagination for us to believe anything in Louisiana would be the shining example of anything else.

Reading the article, it's a bit difficult to follow what's what. They're talking about 9 players and 7 non-athletes and some were disciplined, and some weren't, while some had records released and some didn't. Some were charged and some weren't. In the case of Guice, it seems he was disciplined, but he's never been officially charged and hasn't been arrested. Apparently the woman who was raped and had pictures taken of her says she didn't want to press charges. A different witness accused him of raping the woman while she was sleeping. The whole thing is a mess.

I presume they're innocent until proven guilty, although it doesn't look good for those being accused. That this is a problem doesn't surprise me. But if LSU didn't do what they're required to do by law, then heads need to roll.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom