Gulf Boats having Trouble Finding the Oil (1 Viewer)

I wonder if BP will now be Exxonerated?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Thats pretty good there. :9:

Last edited:
So it'll just hang out there at the bottom of the food chain? Awesome!
/sarcasm

no it wont. oil will be broken down to CO2 by bacteria.

The argument was to use the dispersant to break it up into smaller "globules" and it would disappear quicker via a combination of evaporation and crude-eating bateria.

BINGO. To a bacteria oil is nothing but a carbon source.(FOOD)

I am sure that 5 years down the road it will be pretty well accepted that the government did more damage than the oil. The arbitrary drilling ban and fishing shrimping bans will harm to Louisianans much more than the oil itself. In the warm Gulf water the oil degrades quickly. I am certain that within two years it will be totally gone from the beaches. I'm optimistic from the reports of the Ixtoc 1 blowout...within a year things were pretty much back to normal in Mexico. I'm fearing though that the sea turtles are really taking a tough hit, they are attracted to the floating patches of oil and are dying in large numbers. I hope they can bounce back.

Edit:
Thinking now that the fishing and shrimping bans might be necessary for some period of time to ensure that the stressed populations of fish can bounce back more quickly.

Can you explain why you disagree?
I think the long-term impact on the seafood industries could very well cause more harm than any moratorium would. There's no data either way so it's really just a matter of opinion.

Saying that the government has done more damage than the spill itself feels like a kneejerk reaction to Obama doing something you don't like, to me.

I am sure that 5 years down the road it will be pretty well accepted that the government did more damage than the oil.

Exactly. I am :mad: that MY TAX DOLLARS are being wasted on ensuring people don't eat oiled seafood (c'mon, it just adds a little flavor!) and doing a job that could be better done by private sector bacteria :mad:

I think the long-term impact on the seafood industries could very well cause more harm than any moratorium would. There's no data either way so it's really just a matter of opinion.

Saying that the government has done more damage than the spill itself feels like a kneejerk reaction to Obama doing something you don't like, to me.

I'm not the only one that thinks the moratorium was wrong; Obama's committe, a federal judge, and several experts that have opined at various hearings. Frankly I haven't seen a single expert opine that it's the right thing to do!

Anyway, the figures will become evident at some point. My guess is that the moratorium could equal or exceed the economic loss suffered by the seafood industry. It could also equal or exceed the loss suffered by the Tourism industry too.

I want to hear what Blue sky has to say about it since he's the one that questioned the original assertion in typical flippant style.

I want to hear what Blue sky has to say about it since he's the one that questioned the original assertion in typical flippant style.

i'm flattered that you want to hear what i have to say, but i've decided to keep out of this conversation for now, because anyone who thinks Obama- while i'm no fan and didn't vote for him-- is more responsible for what's going on with the Gulf/Oilcano/spill repurcussions/whatever you want to call it than BP... well, that isn't a person that is able to be reasoned with in any serious way IMO.

I just don't think you can compare economic damage to ecological damage.
That's like comparing emotional damage to physical trauma. Only wusses and women do that. :hihi:

I am sure that 5 years down the road it will be pretty well accepted that the government did more damage than the oil. The arbitrary drilling ban and fishing shrimping bans will harm to Louisianans much more than the oil itself. In the warm Gulf water the oil degrades quickly. I am certain that within two years it will be totally gone from the beaches. I'm optimistic from the reports of the Ixtoc 1 blowout...within a year things were pretty much back to normal in Mexico.

All we heard from 1 week to 3 months after explosion:

"The President acted way too slow, and now it's his fault the Gulf and Beaches will be RUINED FOREVER. THANKS A LOT OBAMA :mad:"

Announcement that they cant find any oil...

"Well of course not- even after Ixtoc I it was gone within years, it's a natural occurrence for oil to evaporate... But because of the moratorium our state economy will be RUINED FOREVER. THANKS A LOT OBAMA :mad:"

Just like every single other "Obama's going to ruin this, or take away this" controversy over the last 18 months, I am predicting this is a GIGANTIC over reaction being fed by the right wing spin machine,and that NOTHING CLOSE to what people are freaking out about is actually going to happen.

They will always want to find something to blame Obama for. Just like everything from 1976-1992 was Jimmy Carter's fault, and everything from 1992-2008 was Clinton's fault- everything from 2008-whenever will be Obama's fault.

They will always want to find something to blame Obama for. Just like everything from 1976-1992 was Jimmy Carter's fault, and everything from 1992-2008 was Clinton's fault- everything from 2008-whenever will be Obama's fault.

You're way off base here. The BP oil gusher was caused by Barney Frank forcing banks to loan money to minorities. Open your eyes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom