Gulf coast beach front vacation - need ideas and suggestions (1 Viewer)

I got married a few years ago on Pensacola Beach and still to this day people are talking about how perfect it was.. I really love the place!

We plan on going back this summer.

I remember back in the day we'd go to Grayton Beach and just veg out in one of the old beach cottages. It was classic. Old cottages, dirt road, HUGE beach and hardly anyone around as far as you could see.

I went back there a few years ago and was amazed at the change. condo's, modern houses, pavement... hardly even recognized the place. They have some seriously nice houses there now.

I wish I had bought some of that property back in 83.

gulf shores rocks --- havent been there post-oil spill but the beaches have always been above par. kaiser realty set me up with some nice condo rentals.

That was my first thought....is it loud? Does it actually feel private?

Brenn..tough for me to say with you going in may..you will have to expect the usual traffic out front since it is a loft above a eatery..however this place isnt a wild saloon but they do have music at that time..nothing loaud thou..mellow/beach music.we were there in october when the red carpet is rolled up..the kids are in school and it's really nothing more than a blue-haired crowd...very peaceful

it's very ,very nice but i really do think it would be a bit too busy for you folks since you want alot of peace and serenity ..which is understandable.

me, i can swing the other way..with that bar being just a full staircase away my bride had to call down to the bartender to get me back upstaires. Food is great there and they have room service..but i think you would prefer a more secluded place..let me talk to my bride since she knows every knook and crannie there..maybe she can be of help..but a small cottage on the beach might be a problem for you since after april..people usually expect you to rent for a full week...

p.s.-orange beach is nice and you can't beat the rates..might want to check that out..

good luck

but a small cottage on the beach might be a problem for you since after april..people usually expect you to rent for a full week...

k

Which is part of the reason for inviting the BIL. If we're into it with other family, I can leave midweek to go back to work if need be, while she can stay and enjoy her time off. I only have 3 days accumulated since I'm new, so I can only do a weekend plus 3 weekdays.

OK. We've got it down to 3 couples, one of which has a small child. We'd love a beach house rather than something in a complex. I'll keep looking around. I think we'll get it for a whole week, and I'll come or go as work demands.

Look at Fort Morgan, it is by Gulf Shores but without the crowds. Condo's right on the beach and the water and beaches are some of the best anywhere. LOOK AT FORT MORGAN.

Look at Fort Morgan, it is by Gulf Shores but without the crowds. Condo's right on the beach and the water and beaches are some of the best anywhere. LOOK AT FORT MORGAN.

I was looking there last night. It looks like there are some options. Between the 3 couples right now, I think we may be able to spend somewhere in the range of $2000-2200 for the week. But for that price we'd like to actually have 3 beds and hopefully a single unit on the beach.

We're not completely opposed to it, but we'd like to avoid the feeling of staying in a large hotel. That's just not what we're after.

http://www.gulfshoresplantation.com/

We rent a 3 bedroom condo. It is in a little 3 story building that faces the beach. I don't see it in their site but it is great. It has a kitchen, porch, 2 full baths and 3 bedrooms one has bunks for the chillren. Anyway, it doesn't have the feel of a hotel or a large tower condo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom