Gun deer season started this week. (1 Viewer)

My son is 13. He got his hunting license this summer and will be going for the first time this year. Being a city boy I don't hunt, but fortunately my wife is a country girl and her whole family does. Her uncle in Mississippi taught my son to shoot and gun safety this summer. He'll b66e taking him hunting after Thanksgiving.

I'm really excited for him. I haven't seen him this excited since the first time he put on pads to play tackle football. His birthday is in February and if he enjoys it and wants to keep with it he'll be getting his own rifle for it.

Congrats.
I still have my first hunting rifle and to this day it is still my favorite. It is 25 - 06. It's a 30-06 casing necked down to a 25 caliber.

Man oh man. Opening weekend was the 18th of Nov. I killed a young buck, but the rut came a week early this year happening just before opening day. I'm hunting deep in the woods and having a hard time finding any mature deer. Not a good season this year. I need to harvest two more deer to fill the freezer for the year. 36 lbs of ground meat, 6 roast, the back straps and tenderloin is what I got of my first deer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom