Gunner Kiel transferring from Norte Dame (2 Viewers)

This happens every year, though. ND just had it happen to them with Alex Anzalone. The situations were substantially identical (early flip, school shut down recruiting at the player's request despite serious depth problems, NC loss followed by flip and immediate EE). .

We can agree to disagree on this one. Notre Dame signed three linebackers in that class. LSU was left hanging, scrambled to get Liggins, a guy who could not qualify. Kiel knew when LSU took his commitment he was the one and only guy they would take. I do agree Miles reaction was wrong, childish would not be my choice of words though. Miles has had lots of kids flip on him without making comment. He obviously felt misled by Kiel.

Everyone can have their own opinion. It looks like from the press Kiel is getting that lots of folks outside LSU are questioning his chest right now.

Gunner Kiel

I guess Miles was right about this little whinny kid. Doesn't get gifted the starting job so he quits. Scared of competition. I am so glad we didn't get him.

Gunner Kiel’s time at Notre Dame was over before it even began.
The rising redshirt freshman has opted to transfer, according to coach Brian Kelly, after spending the past season behind sophomore starter Everett Golson on the depth chart.

Y! SPORTS

Dude, you're like 2 weeks late on this one.

But yeah, I'd rather wait and see at Notre Dame than go to Indiana Tech or Iowa St. Jr. College Institute.

Kid's got no chest.

My bad, I just saw it. I don't follow college football in the offseason so must have missed it.

I really don't get it.

Kelly told him he'd have a chance to compete for the starting job. What more could you want? Get your skinny arse in the film room, fall asleep reading your playbook every night, and throw 10,000 passes before the summer ends. If he's as good as he thinks he is, he should have had no problem pushing Golson for the starting position. This is college football. A star one year can be a dud the next.

Guy is a full-on wimp. He wants the starting gig without earning it. Sounds like he feels ND owed him something, like he did them a favor by committing.

I really don't get it.

Kelly told him he'd have a chance to compete for the starting job. What more could you want? Get your skinny arse in the film room, fall asleep reading your playbook every night, and throw 10,000 passes before the summer ends. If he's as good as he thinks he is, he should have had no problem pushing Golson for the starting position. This is college football. A star one year can be a dud the next.

Guy is a full-on wimp. He wants the starting gig without earning it. Sounds like he feels ND owed him something, like he did them a favor by committing.
Notre_Dame_Kiel_Roll_t607.jpg

:scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom