Guts of steel (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta have a real trust between a QB and his receivers to chunk that ball down the field on 3rd and 10... Don't know if that was the call or if Brees just went for the gold.. Either way, I think it took years off my life while that ball was in the air... Watching that pass was like watching Pierre dive over the top for the first down on 4th and 1 in overtime vs Minny...

I used to blame my wife and kids for the grey hair, but I believe I do know the real culprit.........

Payton and Brees were going for Dallas' nuts all game. That missed pass to Lance Moore on 4th-and-5 was aggressive as hell --- a little too aggressive for my tastes, but I could appreciate the moxie.

Then, of course, came the bomb to Robert Meachem and the jugular shot to Moore when we had plenty of time to just do a long, methodical drive downfield.

Bottom line, when you play the Saints you'd better be ready to play for 4 full quarters. Otherwise, it's your ***.

Very impressive. Especially when you consider that Henderson had just missed a long throw the play prior. (I'll give credit to Newman of Dallas on that one---he made an outstanding defensive play) Brees is Da'Man!

Gotta have a real trust between a QB and his receivers to chunk that ball down the field on 3rd and 10... Don't know if that was the call or if Brees just went for the gold.. Either way, I think it took years off my life while that ball was in the air... Watching that pass was like watching Pierre dive over the top for the first down on 4th and 1 in overtime vs Minny...

I used to blame my wife and kids for the grey hair, but I believe I do know the real culprit.........

I had started a similar thread about the same time with the same feeling. It was gutsy but as soon as I saw Meachem with a separation and the flight of the ball, I knew it was gonna be gold! It did give me chest pains though. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom