Guy installing satellite dish kills wife.. WTH??????? (1 Viewer)

crap only justice woulda been a ricochet

hey look I've only done it once and I made sure the goats were in their room first.

He's no redneck No God fearin', Bud drinkin', cattle rustlin' 'necker worth his chewin' terbackee would be caught dead with a .22. We all know that in order to make a proper hole in yer roof ya need a 16 ga., Minimum! 20 ga? Sure if yer 12 Gauger is jammmed, get yer 8 year olds 20. But ya may has ta shoot tree or four times. Happy huntin'!

Yeah I'd have used a shotgun.

Thats a very close case for a prosecutor to decide. Generally we do not prosecute people for negligently killing someone. There is no point. For example, a housewife driving a car at the speed limit who runs a red light and kills someone because she is distracted by kids in her car might be negligent, but not criminally negligent. Had she been drinking or going 80 miles an hour then it would rise to the level of criminal negligence (which typically is defined as gross negligence).

Shooting a hole in the wall when you think everyone is inside may or may not be criminal negligence depending on where it happened and who the jury is. If you are in a subdivision I think its probably criminal. If you live in a secluded rural area I am not so sure. It would still be dumb, but shooting guns in backyards of rural area homes is not that uncommon so long as no other homes or roads are nearby or in the line of fire. The fact he didnt make sure his wife was inside was negligent for sure, but accidntal shootings do happen where people are not prosecuted. Dick Cheney certainly wasnt prosecuted for shooting his friend in a hunting accident.

This would be one of those cases that prosecuting might be a close call. Assuming it was an accident as described what benefit is it to society to prosecute this guy and put him in jail(assuming he has no histroy of reckless behaviour).

I am sure the guy will win a darwin award for stupidity, but its really kind of tragic for him and his family(again assuming it was all an accident as reported)

Thats a very close case for a prosecutor to decide. Generally we do not prosecute people for negligently killing someone. There is no point. For example, a housewife driving a car at the speed limit who runs a red light and kills someone because she is distracted by kids in her car might be negligent, but not criminally negligent. Had she been drinking or going 80 miles an hour then it would rise to the level of criminal negligence (which typically is defined as gross negligence).

Shooting a hole in the wall when you think everyone is inside may or may not be criminal negligence depending on where it happened and who the jury is. If you are in a subdivision I think its probably criminal. If you live in a secluded rural area I am not so sure. It would still be dumb, but shooting guns in backyards of rural area homes is not that uncommon so long as no other homes or roads are nearby or in the line of fire. The fact he didnt make sure his wife was inside was negligent for sure, but accidntal shootings do happen where people are not prosecuted. Dick Cheney certainly wasnt prosecuted for shooting his friend in a hunting accident.

This would be one of those cases that prosecuting might be a close call. Assuming it was an accident as described what benefit is it to society to prosecute this guy and put him in jail(assuming he has no histroy of reckless behaviour).

I am sure the guy will win a darwin award for stupidity, but its really kind of tragic for him and his family(again assuming it was all an accident as reported)

Darwin Award by proxy? He didn't remove himself from the gene pool, but did manage to remove his mate, so his own genes stand less of a chance now.

I would be laughing if the mother hadn't of died. Sad story.

Does it matter, in your example, that in one (the Cheney hunting accident) the discharge of a firearm is an integral part of the activity? The friend should have had a reasonable expectation that those around him would be firing their weapons, and therefore everyone present (Cheney and his friend, and everyone else) should have been more aware of the location and actions of everyone else. In addition, the act of hunting ducks dictates quick action, not necessarily time to double-check who is where.

Whereas in this latest case, did the wife know the idiot was going to use a gun to try to blow a hole in the wall? As you note, the guy didn't double-check to confirm that his wife was inside. He certainly had time. It's not like he had to hurry up and take his shot at that moment.

Something about the gene pool maybe..I have been involved in installing over a dozen satellite systems over the years, all of which have been in remote areas where gun fire in yards is common. I must admit the thought of using a .22 cal for a drill never has occurred to me. Wouldn't you need at least a .30 cal for coax cable?:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom