Guy who ran over robber 3 times now charged with murder (1 Viewer)

MamaSaint

Rickey Jackson - 2010 HOF (RIP Jan)
Reaction score
Here's something for you guys to debate.

The situation: A man & his wife stopped at Primo's Pizza about 9:45 pm last Friday night on the way home from work. The man owns a tattoo place right down the street. The wife waits outside for him so she can smoke. A young man grabs her by the throat & tries to stab her in a robbery attempt. The man inside sees what is going on & runs outside & fires his gun twice..once in the air & once towards the young man. The young man takes off running down the side street. The man jumps into his Tahoe & takes off after him down the street. The young man goes in the ditch trying to cut across a lot. The man goes off the road after him & runs over the young man, backs up over the young man & runs over him again (runs over him 3 times.) The owner of Primo's called the police (the police sub-station is only a couple of blocks away) & they are there within 2 minutes. The man is charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Three days later the young man dies & now the man is charged with first degree murder.

What are your opinions? What would you do if you saw your wife being attacked?

I used to work only 4 blocks down the street from where this happened.

Here are some links:

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=286942

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=286931

one less dirtbag off the street.... Tahoe man has the $$ to hire a good lawyer.. spends 3-6 months in jail .. and on he goes with life....

Moral of the story.... dont rob people with suv's and then jump in a ditch...

The robber got what he deserved. Now, of course, somebody has to go on trial to pay the judges and lawyers salaries. Hopefully, he will be found not guilty.

The robber ran off, but I can understand chasing him. Now running over him not once, not twice, but three times? The first time, you could argue that he was armed with the knife and you were scared and needed to incapacitate him. The second and third times, however is just rage or revenge. Yeah, it's murder. He may get a lienient sentence, but that was murder.

Touchy situation, I would be in the tahoe driving over the man... but the threat was gone after the man ran away and Police don't let you take the law in your own hands. The man is gonna be dealing with this stuff for along time to come, because you know the family of the dead robber will sue anyways fro wrongful death etc.

Sad society when a man can try and rob your wife and attempt to kill her and you do something back and your the one in trouble. But thats the way our laws are structured, and he did break the law and i would have too. Coward theif can attack a woman but when a man gets outside guy hides in a ditch. Good riddance, fell bad for the other guy, but I also hold him personally in a higher light (tho thats not gonna make him feel better behind bars) I hope he gets a good lawyer, but when you run over someone 3 times its kinda hard to claim self defense.

If he would have hit him right the first time there would be no need for multiple attempts. Bad driving in my opinion and should be sentenced to 48 hours of drivers education classes.

If I were Tahoe mans lawyer I would try to use the ever popular "Wanted to make sure the dirtbag was dead" defense... when the prosecuter asks "why did you run him over 3x?"......

Clearly the circumstances do not warrant the extreme use of force. We have to be careful jumping to conclusions regarding the intentions of the victim.

Joyce and Shirley McLeod said that Aaron McLeod didn’t drink, didn’t do drugs, didn’t hang out in clubs and was heavily involved in church. They also said he was quiet, a student who never committed an act of violence, and wouldn’t need to rob anyone because he was from a large, supportive, well-off family.

McLeod had just completed a computer program at the University of the District of Columbia and was spending the month visiting his brother in Fayetteville, his mother said. His brother lives on Yadkin Road, blocks from the restaurant, Joyce McLeod said. Aaron McLeod’s goal was graduating from a four-year college and becoming a computer analyst, his mother said.

“Aaron didn’t come from a thug life,” she said. “Our family is full of doctors, teachers and other professionals. His father is a minister. If Aaron didn’t have it, he could get it from me. If I didn’t have it, he could get it from his father. He was very intelligent and very respectful.”

Joyce and Shirley McLeod said that Aaron McLeod didn’t drink, didn’t do drugs....
“Aaron didn’t come from a thug life,” she said. .”

Blah Blah Blah.. nobodys kid ever drinks or does drugs.. he may not have come from a thug like but that does not mean he was not a thug....!! Holding a knife to a womans throat and robbing her sure sounds thug to me... again.. one less threat on the streets of that town...

Its the minister's kids that are always the worst, that and a cop's kids. I knew both kinds growing up and they always had this little extra step over the line they needed to take.

My guess is that this will be pled down to voluntary manslaughter or something like that. The Tahoe guy will receive probation (maybe even deferred adjudication) and not spend a day in jail.

When I lived in Amarillo, the DA would handle a situation such as this by sending it to the Grand Jury with a wink and a nod. The Grand Jury would no bill the case and the DA would say that the Grand Jury has spoken. Everyone is happy....except for the dead guy.

This isn't even close. Defense of others went away after the guy ran down the street. If I was a judge, I would find the guy guilty and then probably cut him a break on the sentencing. But not too much, vigilantes are not allowed. For good reason.

What if the guy in the Tahoe accidentally ran over somebody else because he lost his cool and decided to run this guy down?

Joyce and Shirley McLeod said that Aaron McLeod didn’t drink, didn’t do drugs, didn’t hang out in clubs and was heavily involved in church. They also said he was quiet, a student who never committed an act of violence, and wouldn’t need to rob anyone because he was from a large, supportive, well-off family..”

That they knew of!!!!

Eye witness's (supporting the police arresting the man) said the suspect was no longer a threat still saw this kid with a knife, a knife was recovered, and the wife said he tried to use it on her. Fit or rage or whatever this kid was witnesses trying to commit armed robbery, and was subsequently murdered. I think an eye witness or 2 would have seen the planting of a knife, rather than the attempted armed robbery which they did witness if that is what occured.

I have dabbled in drug use when I was younger and you can sure bet I kept it a secret from the people like i.e. my mom and grandmother so thier statements really hold very little water over the actual witness's in my eyes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom