Guy who ran over robber 3 times now charged with murder (1 Viewer)

once the robber has left the scene. You have to track him down to bring about the consequences of his actions...

Wrong. Unless you are a police officer, you don't have to track down anybody and, in fact, shouldn't. The police, as flawed as they are, are trained how to track down criminals in a safe manner to limit the danger to the public. Some guy in a tatoo shop is not.

Wrong. Unless you are a police officer, you don't have to track down anybody and, in fact, shouldn't. The police, as flawed as they are, are trained how to track down criminals in a safe manner to limit the danger to the public. Some guy in a tatoo shop is not.

I dont know if you have a wife and/or kids but a defense switch should go off in your head if someone is holding a knife to their neck... I would not hold you accountable for tracking them down and extinguishing them.... just pray I am on your jury.. because not a lot of people think like me...

3 times? That's a bit excessive... the kid deserved something but not to thatt extent. The driver will probably get the charges dropped down to manslaughter.

I dont know if you have a wife and/or kids but a defense switch should go off in your head if someone is holding a knife to their neck... I would not hold you accountable for tracking them down and extinguishing them.... just pray I am on your jury.. because not a lot of people think like me...

I completely get what you are saying. Truly. However, I think we would all be looking at this a little differently if the guy in the Tahoe ran over a five-year old child while trying to run down the robber. It's just not worth it once the scumbag is running away.

I bet you would make a hell of juror. :)

i would have shot at him and when he took off shot him in the leg. then beat the crap out of him til the cops show up. if i missed the shot i would have followed him, hit him once with the car then parked on top off him til the cops showed up.

If I were Tahoe mans lawyer I would try to use the ever popular "Wanted to make sure the dirtbag was dead" defense... when the prosecuter asks "why did you run him over 3x?"......

i'm not too sure a valid defense on a murder charge would be, "I wanted to be absolutely sure I murdered him"

just sayin' :)

i think if i was the attorney i'd be more inclined towards the "rage" or "temporary insanity" defenses

If he would have hit him right the first time there would be no need for multiple attempts. Bad driving in my opinion and should be sentenced to 48 hours of drivers education classes.

:plus-un2:

i'm not too sure a valid defense on a murder charge would be, "I wanted to be absolutely sure I murdered him"

just sayin' :)

i think if i was the attorney i'd be more inclined towards the "rage" or "temporary insanity" defenses

The rage defense is used too often... You need to throw the jury off.. hit em' with some defense they never heard before.... The "I wanted to make sure he was dead" defense is fresh and new and just might work....

The rage defense is used too often... You need to throw the jury off.. hit em' with some defense they never heard before.... The "I wanted to make sure he was dead" defense is fresh and new and just might work....

i thought Texas had already been using "He Needed Killin'" for years

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom