Guy who says God sends natural disasters to punish gays has his home destroyed in a natural disaster (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
You can write this, but you don't expect it to actually happen. I am never one to LOL at a natural disaster, but for this dude, Angels are saying, "ohhhhh... You got played!" Or something along those lines.

Guy who says God sends natural disasters to punish gays has his home destroyed in a natural disaster

Tony Perkins, president of the anti-gay religious lobbying group the Family Research Council, had his home destroyed by the massive flooding ravaging Southern Louisiana this week.

Although no one wants to celebrate a person losing their home, the destruction of Perkins’ house isn’t without irony, considering that he’s claimed in the past that natural disasters are God’s way of punishing an increasingly gay-friendly world.

Calling into his own radio show, Perkins described the flood as being of “biblical proportions,” adding that he and his family will have to live in a camper for 6 months until the damage is repaired.

But Perkins was careful to point out that this particular flood wasn’t because of the gays, but rather an “incredible, encouraging spiritual exercise to take you to the next level in your walk with an almighty and gracious God who does all things well.”

You can write this, but you don't expect it to actually happen. I am never one to LOL at a natural disaster, but for this dude, Angels are saying, "ohhhhh... You got played!" Or something along those lines.

Religious people are so full of ****.

He needs to get another god. The one he has now is a *****.

597.jpg

dudes obviously gay.

The signs are all there. God is obviously punishing him.

On a serious note, American Beauty is one of my favorite movies...EVER. Whenever I hear someone protesting loudly about gays, I think of Ricky's dad...the retired Colonel...who just can't stand "the homosexuals" and the way they "flaunt" their sexuality. That movie is old enough that I don't think I'm spoiling it when I say that it turns out that Ricky's dad was mostly angry at himself for living a lie; for being a coward who lacked the courage to openly pursue what he wanted, for fear of what others would think; and mostly jealous of those who did have the courage to pursue what he himself was afraid to. So when I hear that kind of hate talk, I immediately think of Ricky's dad.
Maybe not fair on my part, but that's what I think of...

Same goes for any other type of haters...

Though not necessary, religion can be beneficial when people use it as a basis to be decent to one another, and help when and where they are able. Much beyond that and the positive returns begin to diminish sharply.

i was hoping for some great comments, but unfortunately, just more ignorance and not a lot to laugh at :(

The "family research council" and "American family association" are starting to look increasingly desperate these days, using their middle east holy book of stories to tell other citizens how a family should be. What a joke.

I don't celebrate anyone losing their home, but this guy is as close to deserving it as you could get.

Though not necessary, religion can be beneficial when people use it as a basis to be decent to one another, and help when and where they are able. Much beyond that and the positive returns begin to diminish sharply.

That's hard to argue with. I tend to agree. I'm no better (or worse) than anyone else, but I always thought that religion was the yardstick to measure YOURSELF against. Too many seem to view it as the yardstick to measure others, despite the admonishment not to judge.

"But Perkins was careful to point out that this particular flood wasn’t because of the gays, but rather an “incredible, encouraging spiritual exercise to take you to the next level in your walk with an almighty and gracious God who does all things well.”"

Of course it is :rolleyes:. God works in mysterious ways, unless it's something you wanted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom