Guys, here comes they come. (1 Viewer)

Alot of yall just casually moving forward about this.

Yall not understanding, they're coming for that man this year. He better buckle his chinstrap.

There will be consequences on the field for those comments.
He voiced his belief, he didn't say anything racist at all. People are overreacting to some BS! So dumb!

Last corner that tried to injure Brees had 12 striaght passes completed on him. I'm not concerned about him on the field.

He voiced his belief, he didn't say anything racist at all. People are overreacting to some BS! So dumb!
He also thoroughly explained why he felt the way he did - his grandfathers. There wasn’t anything negative about that. People accuse him of not listening to others. But they aren’t even listening to Drew.

I am sooo over this right now and as much as I was looking forward to football post Covid, it is just a huge downer and I don't see an endgame or happy ending. My feeling on the kneeling issue have changed. I have been in the hospital with my son, so I had hours to read every tweet, article and video. The pain is deep and real and the feelings are so deep and raw. He just didn't get that when he said it. He was unaware. It is tragic to see it all come down to this, but it is all coming down to this. I find it impossible to be excited about football about as much as I was post Katrina. Maybe less. This isn't the only tweet about coming after Brees this season. There are dozens of them, even post apology. The things being said towards him are so raw and deep. It is where we are and this will be a storyline every single game in 2020. Even some of his teammates are saying it isn't over. He is going to have to do a lot to redeem himself. There were chants "f$%%^ Drew Brees" in NOLA protest. I believe no one had more to do with the revival of a city that was dead than he did, but this is where we are. It all comes down to this. That is the magnitude of the issue we are facing right now. That being said, my heart and my head wishes he would retire. There is no happy ending here. No silver lining. Even more, with everything going on, canceling the season wouldn't hurt my feeling at all and I think it would be best considering what we are going through as a country right now. Football just seems a bad idea and a disaster waiting to happen. Like everyone, fans, players, etc. need some sacrifice right now to appreciate it in the future.
I 100 percent agree with this post couldn’t have said it better myself. I myself didn’t really truly grasp how much pain everyone is in till now to be honest. Call it what you like but I just wasn’t. I’ve had time to read everything since the world is slowed down by covid and I truly understand everything now. With that said I just don’t understand the hate for this beautiful human being named Drew Brees. I mean my god this dude is a living saint He is like the gold standard and what we al as humans should strive to be. And one little sentence has nullified everything good he has done(and it’s beeeeeen aaalloot of good) and you hear people saying do more talk less when I’m fact he has done way more then anyone I know of to be honest. I’m just done with everything and I am totally exhausted. I wish drew would retire I could care leas about football season at all. Just want the world to go back to loving each other.

I have just been reading up on things and haven't had a chance to talk to all of them. This is a quote from NBC Sports with Cam Jordan after he spoke with Drew Brees:
"Brees apologized for his insensitive comments Thursday morning, but it's clear his initial words will carry over to the locker room.

"I mean, of course it will," Jordan said. "In our locker room, we hold people accountable. I've already talked to 10 to 12 teammates, and a coach or two, and with the man himself (Brees). You have to put him legitimately in our shoes, and at the same time, I don't want to force feed him. I want to walk in his shoes, too.

"[The national anthem] is a source of pride for him. But he has to know what that act is all about, and what it really represents.""

We can interpret comments like this differently, but when Cam Jordan was asked if his initial words would carry over to the locker room and his response was, "I mean, of course it will", I have to believe that is what he means, which is based on the reactions, even today, even post 2 apologies, emotions are still very deep and very raw.

CGJ, Sanders, and Jenkins hasn’t responded since the meeting.

CGJ, Sanders, and Jenkins hasn’t responded since the meeting.
And even if the entire team finds their inner Jesus and totally forgives and forgets (not what Cam is saying) and it is like nothing ever happened, the league hasn't forgotten, which is obvious by post apology responses. The media hasn't forgotten and they love juicy weekly storylines. There will be hyper focus on this every week. What a way to go out?!?! Inside, we all just want this to go away and wish it never happened. We all want to believe the end storyline will be how this team battled through adversity to be stronger together and it propelled them to a super bowl, unified the city, resolved racial divide, racial injustice, police brutality, crime, etc. We are naturally selfish. Not everything works out fairly and with such idealism as we think it should. I believe we are in one of those pinnacle moments in society and we are no where near resolution. Nothing has been resolved, but it takes extreme circumstances to precipitate needed change. We get 16 weeks of cameras on a player and what he does before, during, and after the anthem. Addressing a receiver for the wrong rout will be discussed. Every time he is hit it will go back to a pregame interview of player X talking about his motivation to make a statement. It all feels pretty blah at the moment.

I wonder what the dollar amount donated to ALL PEOPLE, by the Brees Dream Team, and he and Brittney's personal Donations over the past TWENTY years???
What? 37 Ga-Jillion??
VERY Strange this isn't brought up in the media??? I guess that would shed something waaaay to POSITIVE on what type of PERSON this DB9 person is.....
He seems like a such "caring guy" Sarcasm intended....
DO NOT say this is a tangent in any way!! His personal character is being questioned!!!

I'm sad for football and how race relations will play out this year. Change is long overdue. What makes me sad is those who cannot accept an apology are not interested in change.

He also thoroughly explained why he felt the way he did - his grandfathers. There wasn’t anything negative about that. People accuse him of not listening to others. But they aren’t even listening to Drew.

Let me see if I can explain it.
  • Drew was asked about kneeling during the N.A.
  • Drew said he'd never disrespect the flag like that. (Never mind that the flag is displayed flat, which isn't exactly "respecting" the flag)
  • The players are kneeling to protest police brutality and systemic racism.
  • One of the core values represented by that flag, is that we can air our grievances and protest injustice in a civil and peaceful manner.
  • Kneeling happens to be civil and peaceful.

That Drew thinks exercising one of the core values that flag represents is "disrespecting" the flag, it is tone deaf.

Yes, Drew's grandparents fought in WWII, just as the grandparents of millions, including the grandparents of black people in the U.S. who came from WWII and still have to use the bathroom for colors.

I like to think that all of those who fought and/or died in WWII, did so to defend the ideals the flag represents, and not so they could be "respected" before a ball game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom