Haason Reddick - OLB (Temple) (1 Viewer)

He and Jordan Willis from Kansas state are killing it. Willis was MOP at the senior bowl, was very productive in college, and shows up on tape.

Does anyone think he's alleviated his concerns enough to be in contention at 11? He was a fringe first rounder before today but has looked really athletic today. Talk is that he's in contention for the middle of the 1st round but he seems like a good candidate to have a Beasley like impact for us. He's gonna go lower than Beasley due to competition but he seems to show a similar skill set. He is probably one of the highest ceiling pass rush prospects without medical/character red flags that will be available at 11.

A pass rushing OLB with coverage skills also? Sounds like a great fit to me. What were his measurables?

6'1 1/2", 237 lbs, 4.52 40, 36 1/2 vert. So bigger and faster then Deion Jones from last year.

More and more, I am thinking Reddick or a cornerback is an option at 11. Thomas will be off the board, and I don't know about the defensive ends who will be available.

Bigger than Jones, but not faster.

PS On the next page, it is pointed out that Jones had a faster time at his pro day but a slower time at the combine.

Can not take that he is good physically and athletically. He plays coverage well thats a huge plus, but a huge down side I've noticed just watching one of his games is he plays with very or little no technique when playing Pass Rush D end. He tries to use straight speed alone to beat the tackle. A decent tackle with a decent kick slide will beat him from the play most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6iIFZJnfuU

Sederick Hodge 2.0....or, more recent, Barkevious Mingo/Dion Jordan 2.0

Lacks instincts, survived on athleticism. Looks like Tarzan, played like Jane at times. Should have had godly sack numbers at the collegiate level with those measureables, but didn't.

Not a fan of this guy prior to round three.

I think with the right coaching he could be a stud, but we have to recognize what the Saints are right now. These athletic dynamos that have elite upside but need severe technique molding to reach their potential have constantly flamed out in bad defensive systems. The Saints are a bad defensive system right now. It's easy to look at natural ability and say, "man this guy could be special" but if you think about it in terms of "can the Saints staff make him special?" I'd say I'm not at all comfortable with that. IMO the Saints should look for polished prospects on the defensive side, and put those guys in a position to run a technically sound and cohesive unit, even at the expense of some athletic deficiencies. Give me a Raekwon McMillan or Anthony Walker over Reddick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom