Saints Had the Saints gotten in, would they have made a deep run? 🤔 (1 Viewer)

I wanted us to get in, n play the Rams.

N I think we coulda beaten em!

I know it was the last game n against ATL, but with Ram back, you could see the difference he made in the O! With a healthy MI back to pair wit AK, who knows?

We finally found a sound K in Maher. n along with Gillikin n Deonte, our STs were solid once again!

But it was our D that’s THE reason I wanted us to get in the playoffs! They were THE reason why we went like 4-1 the last 5 games! No real new schemes, nuttn fancy. They simply finally got everybody HEALTHY! IMO, they were peaking at jus the right time for the playoffs!!! 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

No doubt the Rams woulda been a formidable opponent. IMO, Stafford is a very good QB. However, as a pocket passer, the rush CAN affect him! N given how Cam n da boys were playin upfront, I really think we’d a rattled/gotten to him by rushing jus 4!

The playoffs are a “new season” n everybody is 0-0. Yeah, we'd a gone in at 9-8. But we also woulda gone in as a hungry, veteran, 4 time NFC South Championship team, led by one of the best O minds in the game in Sean Payton!

After all this team went through this past season, I felt like they deserved to be in!

And win r lose, all I wanted was a SHOT!

If the Saints played the Rams, Aaron Donald would have Trevor Siemian's head stuffed and mounted above his fireplace.

No, we likely would have been without our OT's and Seimien starting? The only chance we would have had would be to win the turnover battle in dramatic like 3-0 fashion.....

I love the Saints and I’m biased towards them, but honestly, I think our lack of scoring power on offense would have led to an early exit, I’m afraid. Defense would have rolled, but eventually they would have gotten tired from the quick 3 and outs on the other side. With all the injuries, we just didn’t have the juice on offense this season.
This. It just wasn’t our year.

With Jameis (or a potential star QB), healthy OLine, MT and/or another number-1 type receiver, this is a super bowl team as long as Payton stays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom