Had to share this; Terrell Davis actually said; “While Drew Brees isn’t the Drew Brees of old~!” Can YOU say IRRATE? (1 Viewer)

DrDaddyeaux

Chalmation Nation!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
While I suppose, in this day and age, there is no escaping that all of these channels and talking heads, whether they are former players or what, they HAVE to FILL the time before the games since we still have one day and then 2 days before OUR SAINTS play the pathetic Iggles, ( see, I CAN SAY THAT but to have TD, a guy otherwise respected, to come out and hear him say as his female counter point agrees, The SAINTS have fallen off during their last 5-6 games(?) and Drew Brees isn’t the former Drew Brees and then goes ahead and PICKS the green birds OVER the SAINTS.

But to stick his neck out and use his time to disrespect the PASSING LEADER OF THIS YEAR~!?~! How is THAT falling off?

I know it’s not Earthshaking news that a guy who has sustained far too many hits to the head “throws shade” on OUR future Hall of Famer and a guy who is peaking this year with fewer sacks and Ints than maybe ANY OTHER SEASON ( I don’t have those stats in front of me however.....) I believe he only threw 5 Ints. and his sack #’s are pretty darned LOW as OUR “O” -Line has protected him very well this year even with the injuries and the shifting around as our Defense has steadily improved along the season as well.

To actually HEAR someone I had some respect for as a player, I have no idea what sort of man he is , Don’t actually KNOW the dude, but to come out and say Drew Brees isn’t the Drew of old is such a comment which comes from WHERE? I have no idea where he thought he was going with THAT info?

Just wanted The WHODAT NATION to KNOW just who our friends are out there and who are the bandwagon riders who will say literally ANYTHING to stay on TV, I guess?

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX~! If OUR TEAM needed anything to listen to in order to burn their behinds? They are getting PLENTY of motivational fuel NOW< to be sure~! This whole week everyone has been pretty quite about OUR TEAM but now that this game is upon us??? Nothing but ignorance and no substance. I can only hope that scenario changes as we get closer to the actual game.

What a crock of carp~! This is OUTRAGEOUS, IMHO~! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX~!

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sports media "expert" commentary...who cares?

However, OP's continued misuse of the tilde is more annoying than a Foles TD pass on Sunday.

grammarmad :mad:

Great, now I'm gonna be thinking of this woman all night...

IceHot

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
TD is wrong about us verse the Eagles but he is not wrong about Brees not being the Drew Brees of old. When you have less passing yards than Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan, and Derek Carr you are not the Drew Brees of old.

When you have less completions than Matt Ryan, Case Keenum, and Matt Stafford you are not the Drew Brees of old. You are a run first team QB which is the new Drew Bress, not the old Drew Brees.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
TD is wrong about us verse the Eagles but he is not wrong about Brees not being the Drew Brees of old. When you have less passing yards than Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan, and Derek Carr you are not the Drew Brees of old.

When you have less completions than Matt Ryan, Case Keenum, and Matt Stafford you are not the Drew Brees of old. You are a run first team QB which is the new Drew Bress, not the old Drew Brees.
f12b2553439980485e000df2c56eaf9d-5.png

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score

Still got it wrong.

We aren't the Saints of old.

Drew Brees can still challenge for the most passing yards and completions if Payton deemed that's what we needed to do offensively. In the 4 games we played poorly defensively (Bucs, Falcons, Rams and Steelers), Drew averaged 376 yards per game and nearly 3 TD passes.

Drew Brees hasn't changed at all. Our team philosophy has in the past two seasons, however.

Last edited:

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. Brees is older. Payton, being smart has built a team that has a massively underrated defense and a good running game. Now, do you want your 40 year old QB to be out there leading the league in passing attempts every game? Of course not, like it or not at 40 it is harder to recover. This doesn’t mean Brees can’t, it means he is just now a piece to a very good puzzle. However, watch the Saints get down by 14 and the run game stuffed and see exactly how old and ineffective Brees is then. I’d say a challenge to Brees to step up and be the man is exactly what most teams do not want to see

CentMSSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

And this actually extend the playing life of Brees, helps control the clock, and takes the pressure off both Brees and Payton of Brees having to win the games most of the time. The whole Saints philosophy isn't the Saints philosophy of old.

dd

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He’s not the Drew of old. He’s even more intellectual, accurate passer, and leader. He’s unable to hit the 53 yard and is limited to only 50.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom