Had to share this; Terrell Davis actually said; “While Drew Brees isn’t the Drew Brees of old~!” Can YOU say IRRATE? (1 Viewer)

He’s not the Drew of old. He’s even more intellectual, accurate passer, and leader. He’s unable to hit the 53 yard and is limited to only 50.

I thought I did. And then some.

I think he could finish next season with a QB rating north of 120. Which is what would have happened had his O line stayed healthy this year. I think Meredith will be the consistent slot receiver we've been missing the last couple of years. Hopefully we sign Ginn to a 1 year deal or someone similar to him in free agency. Smith is only going to get better. Thomas will help him in that regard.

I don't think he regresses until his season at 43 years of age. So 3 more elite seasons of 100+ QB rating.

2014: 97.0
2015: 101.0
2016: 101.7
2017: 103.9
2018: 115.7
2019: 120.5
2020: 108.3
2021: 103.2
2022: 96.5

Maybe we interpreted this thing differently. I assumed he was talking about physically. Your stats can get better by being a more cerebral player. Do believe Drew has done this. But if you asked Drew if he was still at his physical peak, I think he’d say no.....but who knows. Unless he actually throws the ball further than 39 yards in the air this season, we won’t mnow if he can and can keep debating.

Best QB rating of his career, and it's not even close.

Best completion %, and it's not even close.

7 game winning drives, his career high, and you guessed it, it's not even close

8.2 yards per attempt, that's nowhere close to dinking and dunking (only 09 and 11 seasons were better)

32:5 TD to Interception ratio, easily the best of his career.

Should I go on?

His last 3 seasons have him projecting upwards, actually.

That's insane.

Last 34 games:

68 total touchdowns, 15 total turnovers (26-8 record)

Dude needs to retire quick.

The fact that he's been able to do all that while clearly beyond his physical peak is astonishing. To be fair his physical decline hasn't been pronounced to this point, but I think the fact of his consistent, unflinching elite level success for 13 straight years is as compelling a GOAT argument as any QB has, Manning and Brady included.

Here's a fun stat: Drew between the ages of 35 and 40 (2014 to 2018) has thrown 162 TDs (including playoffs), whereas Kirk Cousins has 130 TDs in his entire career. Its not an apples-oranges comparison either; this roughly tracks with Kirk Cousins emergence as an above-average starting QB in the NFL.

But here's one better: Drew's passer rating from age 35 to 40 is one point higher than it was from age 30 to 35. (103.2 to 102.1) While the league avg QB rating has climbed over that same period, its still amazing to see Brees and Brady operate at roughly equal efficiency as they did at their physical and mental peaks.

Thanks for all those stats, but You didn’t answer my question.

Ok then I'll answer it for him.

Yes Brees is still in or at his peak with the difference being that he finally has the most complete team that has ever been built around him.

He arguably has the best playmakers on offense that he's ever had along with a competent defense that is not just a one year flash wonder like we've seen so many Saints defenses in the past. Ryan Nielson. Mike Nolan, and Aaron Glen have done masterful jobs with the talent they have had to work with along with two of the best drafts the Saints have ever had in their history. A key FA in Demario Davis and the trade for Eli Apple have solidified what was already a talented group that has gotten progressively better as the season has gone on.

So yes Brees is still as dangerous as he ever was....................he just doesn't have to carry the team like he's had to do for so long but believe me if that switch needs to be flipped I think we'd all see the vintage Brees that he's been for a very long time!!

Ok then I'll answer it for him.

Yes Brees is still in or at his peak with the difference being that he finally has the most complete team that has ever been built around him.

He arguably has the best playmakers on offense that he's ever had along with a competent defense that is not just a one year flash wonder like we've seen so many Saints defenses in the past. Ryan Nielson. Mike Nolan, and Aaron Glen have done masterful jobs with the talent they have had to work with along with two of the best drafts the Saints have ever had in their history. A key FA in Demario Davis and the trade for Eli Apple have solidified what was already a talented group that has gotten progressively better as the season has gone on.

So yes Brees is still as dangerous as he ever was....................he just doesn't have to carry the team like he's had to do for so long but believe me if that switch needs to be flipped I think we'd all see the vintage Brees that he's been for a very long time!!

The majority of your argument for why Drew is still at his peak has to do with the talent level of his supporting cast? Okay, I can’t argue a point when you’re going to answer my question with answers that have nothing to do with my question.

The question wasn’t “Is our team at its peak”. It was “Is Drew at his physical peak”. If that’s to general for you, can Drew move in the pocket as well as he used to? Can Drew throw as hard/far as he used to? You know “physical traits that apply to Drew”.

Brees at 80% is still better than 99% of the QB’s in the NFL.
As much as I want the Eagles to win tomorrow, Brees deserves respect as one of the greatest in the game.

The majority of your argument for why Drew is still at his peak has to do with the talent level of his supporting cast? Okay, I can’t argue a point when you’re going to answer my question with answers that have nothing to do with my question.

The question wasn’t “Is our team at its peak”. It was “Is Drew at his physical peak”. If that’s to general for you, can Drew move in the pocket as well as he used to? Can Drew throw as hard/far as he used to? You know “physical traits that apply to Drew”.

Well I answered your question the first time so again ................Yes I do believe that Brees is as good as he ever was physically................he slides in the pocket and avoids sacks as well as he ever has and can throw the darts and bullets with the best of them just like he always has.

I don't think it's the loss of physical talent that has made it seem that Brees has lost something athletically as much as I think it's the case of having a better team around him that is making it seem that way.

He just simply doesn't have to do as much but if he needs to he will.

Well I answered your question the first time so again ................Yes I do believe that Brees is as good as he ever was physically................he slides in the pocket and avoids sacks as well as he ever has and can throw the darts and bullets with the best of them just like he always has.

I don't think it's the loss of physical talent that has made it seem that Brees has lost something athletically as much as I think it's the case of having a better team around him that is making it seem that way.

He just simply doesn't have to do as much but if he needs to he will.

Okay, we just disagree. ?

It's hard for me to believe that every time I come to this site that people are upset that some media guy/gal is not bouncing on the jock of Saints players.

Why do you let opinion that is different than yours get under your skin that way? It's just silly.

You disagree. I understand. But to insinuate that the person is below normal intelligence or rationalization is buffoonery and lame.

I don’t think so. You can become a more cerebral player and achieve better stats because of it while not being at your physical peak.

Great, you've now shared with everyone the hidden criteria by which your question (which didn't quantify physical, mental, or total package) was based just so you could prove everyone wrong.

So now that your audience knows the full criteria for rating Brees we can answer your trick question.

So lets get into the ratings:

Criteria
Physical Peak - Drew is on the downside, unfortunately everyone is older each moment of there life...so no physically he is probably not at his peak or still peaking...there we said it he is 40...BUT it ain't obvious.

Mental Peak - Thankfully he appears to be making better decisions and turning the ball over less and placing the ball more perfectly as his 74.4% accuracy suggests.

Total Peak - as your friend suggested, the stats indicate he is on an uptick and thus is actually a better quarterback than he was 10 years ago. With 3 straight 100+ QBRs he is clearly a better quarterback.

Last edited:
Great, you've now shared with everyone the hidden criteria by which your question (which didn't quantify physical, mental, or total package) was based just so you could prove everyone wrong.

So now that your audience knows the full criteria for rating Brees we can answer your trick question.

So lets get into the ratings:

Criteria
Physical Peak - Drew is on the downside, unfortunately everyone is older each moment of there life...so no physically he is probably not at his peak or still peaking...there we said it he is 40.
Mental Peak - Thankfully he appears to be making better decisions and turning the ball over less and placing the ball more perfectly as his 74.4% accuracy suggests.
Total Peak - as your friend suggested, the stats indicate he is on an uptick and thus is actually a better quarterback than he was 10 years ago. With 3 straight 100+ QBRs he is clearly a better quarterback.
Team Support Peak - better team, CLEARLY
Defense Support Peak - Better defense CLEARLY
Team Philosophy Peak - better

Glad you got it straight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom