Haener film looks better than Young. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Haener film looked a lot like our offense we had under Brees/Payton with route running and ball placement, there was much more exciting footage to look at with him than Bryce Young imo. I won’t say Young is a bust, but most I saw out of Young was setting in the pocket for a long time and looking down a WR for long periods, maybe that’s why they starting Dalton first?

Thoughts?

Haener film looked a lot like our offense we had under Brees/Payton with route running and ball placement, there was much more exciting footage to look at with him than Bryce Young imo. I won’t say Young is a bust, but most I saw out of Young was setting in the pocket for a long time and looking down a WR for long periods, maybe that’s why they starting Dalton first?

Thoughts?
Really? Also, did you take into account the quality of opponents? My concern with Haener is that when I see him, he just seems so small (and a very small frame). He looks even smaller than Young to me. I am excited to see him in the preseason, but some seem to be expecting a lot out him him right away.

Not of fan of Haener’s arm strength. Looks weaker than peak Brees.
Agreed. This was probably his biggest knock in the draft analysis I have read. He will not be able to stretch the field and will have to play in a true west coast style offense.

Any offense that features him will get a lot of single high looks and he will be throwing into tight coverages. He will need a lot of quickness at WR and some people who can create windows of separation.

Patrick Mahomes - #10
Josh Allen - #7
Justin Herbert - #6
Lamar Jackson - #32
Jalen Hurts - #53
Dak Prescott - #135
Aaron Rodgers - #24
Tua Tagovailoa - #5
Tom Brady - #199
Deshaun Watson - #12
Kirk Cousins - #102
Ryan Tannehill - #8
Russell Wilson - #75
Geno Smith - #39
Daniel Jones - #6
Justin Fields - #11
Jimmy Garropolo - #62
Davis Mills - #67
Derek Carr -#36
Mac Jones - #15
Sam Ehlinger - #218
Kenny Pickett - #20
Andy Dalton - #35

Draftheads overhype the draft.

Other thread options:

The trailer for On Deadly Ground looks better than The Godfather II.

The Knack will be bigger than The Beatles.

Mills & Boon stories will outlive Shakespeare.

Only kidding. What enjoyment does one get out of sport if not irrationally hyping their unheralded players? Smoke Monday for All Pro!

you-got-jokes-huh-jokes.gif

Thoughts?
I still think Bryce Young is built too slight to play the kind of game he wants to play in the NFL. I know Michael Vick was smallish too, but Vick was so fast and elusive that he made it work. Young is not that fast or elusive.

Really? Also, did you take into account the quality of opponents? My concern with Haener is that when I see him, he just seems so small (and a very small frame). He looks even smaller than Young to me. I am excited to see him in the preseason, but some seem to be expecting a lot out him him right away.
He may or may not pan out, but quality of opponents matters none unless you got a well built team around you yourself, then you should go off on everyone. Like Burrow did at LSU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom