Hakeem Butler (1 Viewer)

Wow.... Hakeem still available. What are the red flags? Any chance he still available in 14 picks? Trade up again and get him. Cost what a 6th?

I’d be willing to part with one or more of our later picks to get him. Especially after we didn’t have spots for our later picks last year.

I’d just like to not trade any more of next years picks.

Every where I am looking says it's his drop rate.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why is WR Hakeem Butler still on the board entering Day 3? Good numbers &amp; size (6-5, 227). <br><br>Seems to have some trouble with the catching. Which is not ideal for a professional pass catcher. PFF listed his drop rate at 15.5%.<br><br>If he can improve on that, everything else looks good <a href="https://t.co/Kdf5Ir3zDS">pic.twitter.com/Kdf5Ir3zDS</a></p>&mdash; Nick Veronica (@NickVeronica) <a href="">April 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow.... Hakeem still available. What are the red flags? Any chance he still available in 14 picks? Trade up again and get him. Cost what a 6th?

I think it’s some of the same concerns that are there with DK Metcalf. Frame is scary, straight line speed is incredible, but they don’t break into routes as effortlessly as you’d like and you’d like to see them show that they can box out defenders with that size down the field. Martavis Bryant was a good comparison for Butler.

I’d like to see the Saints target a slot like Hunter Renfrow.

Every where I am looking says it's his drop rate.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why is WR Hakeem Butler still on the board entering Day 3? Good numbers &amp; size (6-5, 227). <br><br>Seems to have some trouble with the catching. Which is not ideal for a professional pass catcher. PFF listed his drop rate at 15.5%.<br><br>If he can improve on that, everything else looks good <a href="https://t.co/Kdf5Ir3zDS">pic.twitter.com/Kdf5Ir3zDS</a></p>&mdash; Nick Veronica (@NickVeronica) <a href="">April 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Butler is one of the players I want to avoid. He has high bust potential, in my opinion.
  • Lacks short-area quickness to beat press
  • Gets wired to corners in early stages of the route
  • Route running is extremely telegraphed on levels 1 and 2
  • Rolls into breaks with excessive gather steps
  • Labored and heavy getting out of breaks
  • Drops on drops on drops
  • Body catcher suffers from concentration lapses
  • Catch radius doesn't guarantee he'll bring it in.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hakeem-butler?id=32194255-5416-1833-e211-34b9abca1909
“Drops on drops on drops” A WR who can’t catch or get open isn’t very helpful

I’d be willing to part with one or more of our later picks to get him. Especially after we didn’t have spots for our later picks last year.

I’d just like to not trade any more of next years picks.
I would love to have Hakeem Butler. Lot of solid talent on the board—David Sills, Mack Wilson, Te’Veon Coney, Foster Moreau, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. But Butler would be a huge steal and a player who could actually come in and make an immediate contribution. I know they spent time with him so I agree with you—I would be willing to move the 6th rounder for him.

No thanks, David Sills or Gary Jennings in round 5 or 6 .
I say we go safety or LB.
Good value there

I don't think that Butler would be able to come in and outperform a healthy Cameron Meredith or even Keith Kirkwood who has some game experience now. I agree with Belowsealevel..... a Safety like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson or a LB like Mack Wilson could probably get on the field sooner that Hakeem Butler.

No thanks, David Sills or Gary Jennings in round 5 or 6 .
I say we go safety or LB.
Good value there
Saints want a linebacker so I am certainly not opposed. Mack Wilson and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson are two of my favorite players on the board and I also really like Te’Veon Coney.

I agree! I want a WR with a different skill set then Thomas. Sure having 2 of him would be incredible but that’s not going to happen and if I have the choice to clone him or clone another great WR with a different skill set I’m going with another WR. I like AJ a lot but not as much as Butler or Isabella and they are both great compliments for what we need. My ideal scenario is get Butler at 62 and trade into the early 3rd and grab Isabella. McCoy the center from Texas A&M is another I would love to get if still available at 62. If we could come away with those to WRs talk about giving Brees everything he needs on offense! Draft some OLineman and DLineman with our next few picks. Sign Berry and one of Ansah/McCoy/Suh..

Good callout for McCoy he was clearly the target @62!

If Butler dropping 15% of targets he probably wont be suiting up in B&G...

Good callout for McCoy he was clearly the target @62!

If Butler dropping 15% of targets he probably wont be suiting up in B&G...

Thanks! I forgot I even posted about him haha.. Yea Butlers hands haven’t been the best. I put a lot of trust in Curtis Johnson and think this is something a player who works hard can improve.

Looks like the Cardinals stole my idea to draft Isabella and Butler!! Love me some Gardner-Johnson though!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom