Half Life 2:Orange Box (1 Viewer)

CNOLA85

Reaction score
anyone getting it tomorrow? i cant wait for it, its releasing at 12am for people who are playing it on PC's. i dont have work tomorrow so ill be playing it as soon as its available. i cant wait to play episode 2.

im off of work 2morrow too, so im gonna go get it bright and early! im stoked for it

This is another must buy for gamers.

Add this baby to the list of competitors for goty.

Halo3
Bioshock
Half life 2 orange box

and the list is growing...

ok, here's a few words on it:

First of all, if you haven't played any of the half life games, and you like FPS, your in for treat. I've only played half life 2, but it is one of the best FPS to date. Great story, and great gameplay. I haven't played the next 2 episodes, but if they're as good as the first, they would make the game definitely worth buying by themselves.

I played portal last night, and it was great. i've heard that there are only 17 levels, so it's short, but it is a very very cool game.

and TF2 is, in my opinon thus far, a worthy sequel to the original. i love halo, and this game will hopefully compete with it. it's different though becauase of the different classes, which make each game very different depending on which class you're gonna be. The only problem thus far is there are only 6 maps, but that will increase w/XBL. I'm a huge fan of the way the graphics are done (though at first i thought it would just be stupid). The gameplay is also great. It's fun being a support class (medic, engineer), and not just a tank, and the games can get really dicey. I've only played a few though, becuase the game really wasn't officially released yesterday, only gamestop preorders got it. Today, it should be kicking in full force though.

this isn't really a review per se, cause i've only played about 2 hous of the game, but i can already definetely say its worth buying. Great multiplayer and over 30 hours of single player. i'll say more later.

i just wish this didn't come out so close to halo, so i wouldn't have to split my time.

currently, its got a 97% on metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halflife2theorangebox?q=orange box

Last edited:
i haven't played any of these....are the first two on ps2???

i haven't played any of these....are the first two on ps2???

No, they're on PC
They are great games on pc, had HL1 and 2 for a while now

I'm picking this up in a day or so, 5 great games for $60?
Talk about a deal...:hihi:

Last edited:
I just started ep2 ,I have played hl2 and ep1 so far great as were the rest of the HL2.They did a facelift for the source engine looks and runs great. TF2 never played the 1st so it should be interesting.Portal is getting good reviews for what it is. HLep2 starts off in a forest area it's cool.Alex is with you,it takes place right after the train wrecks the one you escape on in ep1. In short if you liked the 1st 2 you will love this one good episode.

I just started ep2 ,I have played hl2 and ep1 so far great as were the rest of the HL2.They did a facelift for the source engine looks and runs great. TF2 never played the 1st so it should be interesting.Portal is getting good reviews for what it is. HLep2 starts off in a forest area it's cool.Alex is with you,it takes place right after the train wrecks the one you escape on in ep1. In short if you liked the 1st 2 you will love this one good episode.

I played HL 2 and loved it.

The only thing I didn't like about HL 2 is playing the game literally made me sick sometimes becaused it would give me a wicked case of motion sickness. Its odd, I play all sorts of games where I have to spin around and the screen just blurs by, no other games make me sick, but HL2 episode one did. There is just something with HL2 that makes me sick with the camera motion. Hopefully, I won't get sick playing episode 2.

I never played the first TF either. I love what I'm hearing about TF2 as it sounds like they really went all out to make gameplay very tight and the different classes sound awesome. I wish more shooter games had classes to spice things up a bit.

Having dramatically different classes is definitely going to the the future of shooters I believe. It's a shame Cod4 and Halo 3 don't have different classes.

I'm downloading the orange box now on steam. It's taking a long time.

Last edited:
I have heard of people that get that sick feeling.It's kinda of strange but makes sense with they way things can move and give you motion sickness feeling. I am going to try team fortress 2 soon I want to finish ep 2 first. It does take a long time to download and decrypt everything but it's well worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom