Half Life 2:Orange Box (1 Viewer)

ok, after a couple days of playing, playing half life, portal, and TF2, i can definitely say that this game is worth buying. i love the multiplayer. I love halo, but this is a completely different being from halo, and is refreshing for a change. the levels are great, and i can't get enough of playing as a spy or engineer.

portal is just as amazing, however, it's somewhat short. it's a really trippy, & very different from any puzzle game i've ever played.

and half life, while the original here is 3 years old, still holds its own. For a single player experience, you don't get much better than half life (i would rank it behind bioshock, ahead of halo for SINGLE PLAYER). but, since you get 3 games in one on half life it's a steal. also, half life is one of few games in the last couple of years i have actually taken the time to beat. i think i have actually finished maybe 10 games

anyways, i highly recommend the games. TF2 may take a little while to get used to, cause it's different playing a game where the classes are so different, and you actually have a role to play, but it's worth it.

i think the orange box is great, and it's interresting to see that it has higher scores than halo (but i think that has to do w/the amazing value). if this game didn't come out so close to halo, i would definitely say it's a must buy. But if you're pinched right now, wait a little while & get it. THe game is definitely worth the money and so far i would say one of the 3 best games of the year.

I will say though. We've been talking about which games gonna get GOY, and i dont think this is it. Like Halo 3 (which i do love, so don't call me a halo hater cause i'm comparing it to halo, heck i've been playing w/a bunch ofyall), it's nothing that new. Portal is the only truly"new" thing on here. Thus, so far, my vote has still got to go to Bioshock for GOY. I'll have to wait for COD4, Mass Effect, & Assassin's Creed to see how those turn out.

Last edited:
I will say though. We've been talking about which games gonna get GOY, and i dont think this is it. Like Halo 3 (which i do love, so don't call me a halo hater cause i'm comparing it to halo, heck i've been playing w/a bunch ofyall), it's nothing that new. Portal is the only truly"new" thing on here. Thus, so far, my vote has still got to go to Bioshock for GOY. I'll have to wait for COD4, Mass Effect, & Assassin's Creed to see how those turn out.

Well, you know my feelings about Halo, but I sort of agree with you. I don't know if forge and saved films is enough.

I think it's going to be Bioshock as well, unless it's COD4. We'll see, and ultimately, the bottom line is that we have a bunch of good games to play.

I'm having a lock-up problem. When the game searches for a ranked match, twice now it has locked up the Xbox.

Its not a heat issue, and the other games on the disc play fine. Anyone else see this?

i would keep both. i think they complement each other well. I think TF is a more fun multiplayer than halo, but halo is the better multiplayer (if that makes since).
both will last for a very long time.

Im getting a 360 elite soon and this will be one of the first games I get.

Edit- Well, this and Oblivion. And Gears of War.

Last edited:
Im getting a 360 elite soon and this will be one of the first games I get.

Edit- Well, this and Oblivion. And Gears of War.

DONT GET OBLIVION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will take over your life, and destroy it.

The Orange Box looks good though:<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=830467&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/826/826120/orangebox_vidreview_100907_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360' ></embed>

DONT GET OBLIVION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will take over your life, and destroy it.

Im looking forward to it :D

I may even get halo 3 though Im not a big fan of the series just because I know a lot of people who have it and I can play online with them.

i would say, just return a bunch of your old games for trade-ins.

or, wait a month, and get it on e-bay. i wouldn't get rid of halo. i absolutely love the orange box, probably more so than halo, but you just can't get rid of it.

If you want Half Life more than Halo 3 and would have to trade in Halo 3 in order to get it then go for it. You can always pick up Halo 3 again later when its a greatest hits title if you regret it. Dont hold on to it just because its "ZOMG teh Halo'z!" when there's another game out there you want more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom