Hall and Oates or Huey Lewis and the News? A scientific pole (1 Viewer)

Hall and Oates or Huey Lewis and the News?

• Hall and Oates

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Huey Lewis and the News

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters
Both superior to anything Mick Jagger ever did.

Dear God man.

On Huey Lewis, they played the Superdome in May 1986. I lived in Mandeville in the Beau Chene neighborhood - and that weekend, the band (including Lewis) played golf at the Beau Chene country club - I remember there was all this buzz about it around the neighborhood. I was in 8th grade. That was the last show of the tour before they took a summer break in the Bahamas where they filmed the "Stuck with You" video. There was some rumor that one of the guys in the band was wearing a Beau Chene golf hat in the video (one of them is playing golf in the video) but I saw it and was pretty sure it wasn't.

Last edited:
they both suck???
- Oh, here comes the "I like to say that things with incontrovertible merit suck" guy.

:hihi:

But see the difference here is that there is no incontrovertible merit.

Saying the Beatles and the Stones "suck" is like saying "I think Dali and Picasso suck!" It's an indefensible comment. Suck means bad, low quality. It's not the same thing as saying "I'm not into them" - it's saying they aren't good.

I think there's objective merit in some Hall and Oates stuff but it's not incontrovertible. Huey Lewis gets a little murkier. And that's all subjective so someone could say they suck and it's probably not an indefensible statement.

I was listening to the Brohio Podcast (which i always picture Bob E as one of the guys doing it) and they did an episode on Aleister Crowley whom was quite the sick crazy dude back at the turn of the century and discussed how influential he was in rock music especially in the 70s with many songs and album covers paying homage to him, especially Led Zepplin. anyways they said Hall and Oats were huge followers of his stuff as well which i would never think he could inspire their music.....

Here's the story of how "Out of Touch" was written. Maybe. Probably not.

But enjoy! LANGUAGE! NSFW

I voted for Huey cuz i couldnt vote for BaBa Booey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom