Hall and Oates or Huey Lewis and the News? A scientific pole (1 Viewer)

Hall and Oates or Huey Lewis and the News?

• Hall and Oates

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Huey Lewis and the News

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters
Has anyone ever done a guilty pleasures thread? I feel guilty listening to H&O and Huey Lewis but I get no pleasure from it.

There have been quite a few musical guilty pleasure, threads , but it’s been a few years since the last one i think.

If the topic were favorite 80s one-hit wonder songs (pretty sure that’s been done here too)- one of the ones you embedded would probably get my vote.. Take On Me.

The only others i’d even consider are Howard Jones No One is to Blame, Mr Mister Broken Wings and Joey Scarbury Believe it or Not

There have been quite a few musical guilty pleasure, threads , but it’s been a few years since the last one i think.

If the topic were favorite 80s one-hit wonder songs (pretty sure that’s been done here too)- one of the ones you embedded would probably get my vote.. Take On Me.

The only others i’d even consider are Howard Jones No One is to Blame, Mr Mister Broken Wings and Joey Scarbury Believe it or Not

Thanks. I searched and 2009 was the latest. I decided to start a thread with no set topic. Songs, movies, foods, etc. Why not. I'm bored tonight and on my third beer.

I think the music of H & O has aged shockingly well. I like it more now than when it was new. The cover album by The Bird And The Bee helped this opinion.

I grew up listening to both groups. Both had their time when their music was played over the radio. I saw Huey in concert and the show had a lot of energy.
I hated it when Hall left and started his solo gig. When they got back together there were so many other acts to compete with.
I really like their rendition of "Every time you go Away"

This brings me back to what cassettes I played when I took a date out. H&O, Air Supply, Boz Scaggs

Who ya gonna call?

That wasn't Huey. They originally asked him to do a theme song for the movie and when he came up with one they didn't want it. They went t to Ray Parker Jr. instead. It just "coincidentally" was similar to Huey's "I want a new drug" so he sued and got a settlement from the studio.

That wasn't Huey. They originally asked him to do a theme song for the movie and when he came up with one they didn't want it. They went t to Ray Parker Jr. instead. It just "coincidentally" was similar to Huey's "I want a new drug" so he sued and got a settlement from the studio.

I know. That's why I mentioned it. That song is basically the ghostbusters theme song. It's wild.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom