Halloween Candy Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

If you watch videos of people reacting to Finnish or Swedish
candy you'll see lots of salty liquorice. In general they like the
candy until they encounter liquorice, and then people mor or less start dying on camera.

See if you remember any of these

When I was younger, Oh, Henry! was my favorite candy bar. I thought it was much better than Snickers. I haven't seen one in forever.

I remember pretty much all of those, but the only one I really liked was garbage can candy (loved that sheet). Bonkers were good, but I think I am also conflating them with the board game of the same name ("It's never the same game twice" - (but it was, because there was one situation you could create an endless loop between spaces so the game never ended)).
They were square with a lighter colored square in the middle. I tolerated the grape, but they weren't good over all. If you miss Bonkers, get some Hi-Chew. Superior candy

When I was younger, Oh, Henry! was my favorite candy bar. I thought it was much better than Snickers. I haven't seen one in forever.

They were square with a lighter colored square in the middle. I tolerated the grape, but they weren't good over all. If you miss Bonkers, get some Hi-Chew. Superior candy

Hi-Chew is awful.

Milky Way is just a Snickers filled with disappointment instead of peanuts.

I actually like 3 Musketeers, I use it as a palette cleanser when switching between better candies.

One thing I can't stand is how every Reese's product is now filled with pieces... STOP IT. I can't find a Nutrageous anymore without them.

Also, Peanut Butter M&Ms is too low, I could eat a crate of those. Rolo's, too.

I'm actually surprised 100 Grand is as high as it is, I didn't think anyone else got any as I usually hoard them for myself.

Reese's Fast Break doesn't have them in it and it's probably their best product.

Vermont Country Store has a lot of the old candies.

Similarly, Cracker Barrel used to carry classic candies and I'd usually pick something up on the way out after eating there. I'm sure they still do that, but it's been a long while since I last ate there.

Similarly, Cracker Barrel used to carry classic candies and I'd usually pick something up on the way out after eating there. I'm sure they still do that, but it's been a long while since I last ate there.

I always snatch about 50 of those fruity candy sticks. Which are gone in 42 hours.

Where are my Peppermint Patties?

This just showed up on a York FB group I'm in. Thought it was kind of relevant and, also, more than you ever wanted to know:

"I often hear someone say York,Pa. is the home of the York Peppermint Pattie but the true home of the Nu-style Peppermint Pattie is 806 Madison Ave. in the West end of the city of York.
806 Madison Ave. was home to Henry C.and Mary F. Kessler. In 1922 Mr. Kessler formed the York Cone Co. which made ice cream cones. It was a thriving business but demand for the cones was seasonal so Mr.Kessler decided to develop and sell his own candy. He first developed a chocolate covered cookie which he marketed as “Munchies”. By the mid 1930’s he devoted his time to his candy making experiments. He was always experimenting with different formulas in his kitchen in the family home where developed the formula for the Nu-style Peppermint Pattie.
The Peppermint Pattie was so successful that by 1945 the York Cone Co. discontinued all other candies and ice cream cones. During World war 11 the rationing of chocolate and sugar nearly put the York Cone Co. out of business but it survived because Mr. Kessler supplied the troops overseas with the Patties and the government saw he got the chocolate and sugar he needed.
At its peak the York Cone Co. produced over 2.7 million patties each day and were distributed nationwide. Mr. Kessler died in 1962 at which time Mary became President and her son-in-law ran the company until his ill health led the family to sell the York Cone Co. to Peter Paul Candy Co. in 1972. By 1978 the Peppermint Pattie was in the hands of the Cadbury Co. who sold it to Hershey Foods in 1988 for 270 million dollars. The Peppermint Pattie is now made in Mexico but the real home of the “Peppermint Pattie” is 806 Madison Ave. in York,Pa. where it was first developed in the Kessler family kitchen."

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom