Halp me woo the wifey (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sunday is the wifes birthday. Some events that have transpired last week have left her a little down, so I'd like to bring her back up. I was wondering if there were any shows or plays or something like that this Saturday that I can take her to. It doesn't need to be in New Orleans, but it would help :)

Help me out :) Be serious too. I have a few people in my mind already that will post some wack stuff.

how much you willing to spend?
a weekend at windsor court with a shopping spree type money or movie and a dinner type money?

dickboxmsg.jpg

/required

More like movie and a dinner. She already has spent quite a bit of "birthday money" at the recent jewelry show and other places. ~$100-150?

More like movie and a dinner. She already has spent quite a bit of "birthday money" at the recent jewelry show and other places. ~$100-150?

They've renovated the theater at Canal Place and you can now get food and (alcoholic) drinks served during the show. It's supposed to be pretty nice.

Also, Celebration in the Oaks starts after Thanksgiving. You could do dinner at Ralph's on the Park and check that out. They're building some kind of tunnel for the train along City Park Ave.

There should be a Saturday night football game on. :9:

I would have recommended the Beverly Playhouse, but I know it burned down ages ago. I know things like Teatro Zinzanni in Seattle earn big points. There has to be something like that in NOLA now.

I was going to suggest Le Chat Noir, but I checked the schedule and it's closed for rehearsal. Nothing at Le Petit Theater, either.

Sounds grim for those for this weekend, but whenever you wind up in the doghouse that stuff really flies even when they don't like theater that much. It's just one of those things that they figure you worked hard to get out of the man zone to think up.

The Renn Fest in Hammond is fun and might be something that could help cheer her up. Does she like cats? There is a cat show in Kenner on Saturday. Those are all I know of near NOLA.

New Orleans Ballet Theatre has 3 performances of the Nutcracker at Loyola University's Roussel Hall. Sat 2pm & 7pm & Sunday 2pm. Tickets $30 adults $20 Students 504-528-3800. www.nobt.org

Dinner at Commanders Palace(I took the wife there for our 1st anniversary this past saturday)and Jeremy Davenport for some jazz:9:

The Renn Fest in Hammond is fun and might be something that could help cheer her up. Does she like cats? There is a cat show in Kenner on Saturday. Those are all I know of near NOLA.

You could buy your lady some beer from me!

New Orleans Ballet Theatre has 3 performances of the Nutcracker at Loyola University's Roussel Hall. Sat 2pm & 7pm & Sunday 2pm. Tickets $30 adults $20 Students 504-528-3800. www.nobt.org

I was just going to say the Nutcracker this Saturday. I'm going and I'm really looking forward to it.

Send her sweet texts or emails throughout the week about how much she means to you. Make her feel the most special, especially if she's been down in the dumps. I know there's nothing like a few sweet words in the middle of the day to pick me up!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom