Hamburgers (1 Viewer)

Shrimp Poboy dressed (no tomato) for me....and cup of seafood gumbo....always my first meal out in NOLA....all of those other things I like equally depending on what I'm in the mood for (I'm a moody eater)...

You can find different (ethnic) foods everywhere. I recently did a 12 mile hike on the C&O canal from Point of Rocks to Brunswick (rural MD)....Brunswick had one place open to eat, a Cafe that was run by a middle eastern family (Potomac Street Grill)...best babagonuosh and lamb sharwarma I've ever had....you never know....
One of the best shrimp poboys on the Ms. Coast is a small gas station ran by a Vietnamese family. They also run their
own shrimp boat and have the bread delivered daily from NOLA. I prefer the brown shrimp over white shrimp. The
brown shrimp season generally runs from mid june- end of Dec. The peak is July- Sept and when you'll find the highest
quality imo.

One of the best shrimp poboys on the Ms. Coast is a small gas station ran by a Vietnamese family. They also run their
own shrimp boat and have the bread delivered daily from NOLA. I prefer the brown shrimp over white shrimp. The
brown shrimp season generally runs from mid june- end of Dec. The peak is July- Sept and when you'll find the highest
quality imo.
I always buy fresh shrimp from a hole in a wall place in Ocean Springs, Trans's Fresh Shrimp. Its located on the side of his auto garage, 1824 Bienville Blvd, Ocean Springs, MS.

quality imo.

I like the brown shrimp better also, they have a very slightly sweet taste that the white shrimp don't....we get them here occasionally at the local markets....but a bit more expensive at anywhere from 8-12 bucks a pound....

I like the brown shrimp better also, they have a very slightly sweet taste that the white shrimp don't....we get them here occasionally at the local markets....but a bit more expensive at anywhere from 8-12 bucks a pound....
Ouch! 2-3 bucks a Lb fresh off the boat here.

Not sure if we already have a bbq sauce thread here, but i enjoy Stubbs Sweet Heat bbq sauce, and Trader Joe’s makes an excellent Sriracha bbq sauce.. in fact, bbq sauce is probably the finest condiment one can put on a burger, im fairly certain of it .
Any kind of sauce on a burger, is game over to me! No sauce needed. It masks all of the great flavors of the meat/seasonings and cheese, along with whatever additional items added. Just as soon add ketchup. GROSS! Barbecue sauce is one notch up from Ketchup, catsup; whatever. It is not for burgers. 👎

Any kind of sauce on a burger, is game over to me! No sauce needed. It masks all of the great flavors of the meat/seasonings and cheese, along with whatever additional items added. Just as soon add ketchup. GROSS! Barbecue sauce is one notch up from Ketchup, catsup; whatever. It is not for burgers. 👎
NOLA in Slidell makes a burger with crawfish etoufe on it. Pretty good man.

I love English muffins with a burger

i smashed mine, brioche bun, and 2 patties with cheese in between
Was great.
i love english muffins.

one of my favourite snacks is a toasted english muffin, sliced tomato, bunch of jalapenos, mozzarella (low moisture is a must for this), and broil. kinda like a half-assed mini pizza.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom