Hamilton: Now On Disney Plus! (1 Viewer)

Then you missed a lot of great songs.

we listen to a lot of rap in the house, but my wife isn't a huge fan and neither of my older two kids get 'genre' to that extent yet.

And we all loved it. Spent a really joyful afternoon together watching it. And it's been on our Spotify lists for each of us and at any given time, you'll hear a couple of different songs from the soundtrack going at the same time in here.

I dig it.

My parents tried to watch it with us on Disney+ and initially had a hard time following it. But after a couple of days, they decided to give it a try again b/c they couldn't get it out of their head, and ended up loving it.

I do want to add that I thought Hamilton was fantastic, and it has inspired me to learn more about Alexander Hamilton...so I downloaded the book by Ron Chernow with 1 of my Amazon audiobook credits this morning. 😊

I mean, if someone is going to ding Hamilton, I'd give them this.. Lin Manuel-Miranda's voice can get annoying, and he's by far the worst singer of the original cast. Everyone else was amazing.

But as a writer, music composer, lyricist, he's top notch.

Best songs...

Ok, maybe that one and this one are too 'rappy' but they're good. Everyone give it up for America's favorite fighting Frenchman!

Beautiful song, too short. Of course, it gets the final reprise.

This whole trio is strong.. (the world turned upside down...)

And I'll end with my favorite version of King George..

I watched it a few days ago and to me, a bit over hyped. The best and funniest songs came from King George, but you know what they say Hasa Diga Eebowai.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom