Hand cut wood fired salad? (1 Viewer)

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What the heck could this possibly be and why would anyone go to Applebee's for it?

Attachments

• 20160820_121805.jpg
    20160820_121805.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 20
Saw an article on some food blog not too long ago. Apparently applebees has invested a TON of money putting a wood fired grill in each of their locations, and are handcutting steaks in the restaurant now.

So my guess is its a steak salad.

Can't help you on the "why would anyone go to applebees?" portion of the question.

Grilled Romaine is allsome. I agree, but what difference does it make if the wood is cut by hand or by a chain saw? Or, is it the Romaine that's cut by hand and, if that's it, is it by hand with a knife or kung fu chop?

If it's a salad with a steak on top then what's the deal with the "hand chopped, wood fired" shpiel? Couldn't they say "Grilled steak salad" and actually make the point?

I guess I just don't care which farm the potatoes for fries come from at 5 guys either.

Grilled Romaine is allsome. I agree, but what difference does it make if the wood is cut by hand or by a chain saw?

Because everything has to be "handmade" or "handcrafted" now, especially when Applebee's is trying to justify charging people $12 for a crappy salad. Each piece of lettuce is laid out by skilled kitchen artisans (making $8/hour) using local produce (i.e., the truck that delivered it came to the door) sustainably grown (i.e., with water that falls out of the sky).

Neither, its actually the steak. Most poorly worded advertising ever?

a pole, maybe?

pulloutandsave.jpg

e348679bd7a5e6f725dc3be3572da3f5

wendyspeople.jpg

fast_food_signs_01.jpg

im not getting the vibe from this at all..i won't bash any eatery..i don't think it's fair game. chalk it up in the marketing section...if i was on the chain of command for them i would have listed the type of wood...the letters on that board don't cost money..they all ready have every letter and number in deep stock in one of the closets near the kitchen...i would assume...our nug..before he left the easter egg hunts and the land of snow loved their ribs..when he was younger for a special occasion the usual mom and dad question was released.."where do you want to go to eat?"..lets say if he scored big on his report cards as he did..sometimes he wanted bowling alley food but it was usually applebees for ribs..boy got his smart mind from my bride..me,i'm cool if i can't count sheep on certain nights...

he sure does have strange taste buds...he puts hot sauce on pizza and the bride puts ketchup on peas..

and they think i'm nuts...

to each his/her own i guess

but i won't be attending a greeting at that place probably ever again..

i wonder what the cut of beef is...

good luck and enjoy

looking forward to the reviews..lip smackers

Dood.

It says HAND cut.

Now, I'll be the first to admit I didn't know cows had hands, but it's right there on the sign.

I guess that's where they get the knuckle from.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom