Hannibal Buress (comedian) - Talking about New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OK, major language warning, but it's funny.

I never thought of having my own parade. Why did I never do this? haha.

He speaks truth about Coop’s Place, I’ve known more than one person to have encounters with rats and roaches there.

They do have arguably the best jambalaya in the City though.
Been there a few times. Never saw anything like that, but with the bathroom basically being a back alley, I could believe it. Always liked the food there too.

For those who are unaware, Buress' first name was inspired by the legendary, ancient Carthaginian general Hannibal Barca. Hannibal's military prowess, genius as a tactician has been praised and studied by later contemporaries throughout history from Antiquity to modern-era generals like pre WWI-German general Schlieffen, Napoleon, General Schwarzkopf. He led a huge Carthaginian force over the Cisalpine Alps in northern Italy into the central and southern Italian countryside and defeated numerous Roman armies sent to defeat him, most notably at Cannae in 218 BCE, where up to 25-30,000 Roman soldiers, centurions, and generals die in one single day. It was the worst military defeat suffered in terms of losses of life on a single day in Roman history. Hannibal's forces remained in Italy, terrorizing the countryside for nearly 15 years.

Last edited:
For those who are unaware, Buress' first name was inspired by the legendary, ancient Carthaginian general Hannibal Barca. Hannibal's military prowess, genius as a tactician has been praised and studied by later contemporaries throughout history from Antiquity to modern-era generals like pre WWI-German general Schlieffen, Napoleon, General Schwarzkopf. He led a huge Carthaginian force over the Cisalpine Alps in northern Italy into the central and southern Italian countryside and defeated numerous Roman armies sent to defeat him, most notably at Cannae in 218 BCE, where up to 25-30,000 Roman soldiers, centurions, and generals die in one single day. It was the worst military defeat suffered in terms of losses of life on a single day in Roman history. Hannibal's forces remained in Italy, terrorizing the countryside for nearly 15 years.

It all makes sense now.

He's hilarious - his albums are on Spotify, I recommend.

Pretty much everywhere in the FQ has rats and roaches. The only question is how visible they are.

I remember drinking/eating at the Three Legged Dog in the quarter. I saw a roach crawl across the bar, while I was eating a sandwich. All I thought was, well, it wouldn't survive in the fryer and it didn't come out of the kitchen, so eat away.

Damn, I gotta start searching more often.

Pretty much everywhere in the FQ has rats and roaches. The only question is how visible they are.
Pretty much. If this is absolutely a deal breaker, the only thing you can do is NEVER eat anywhere in NOLA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom