Happy 96th Birthday Mel Brooks! (1 Viewer)

Eeyore

Cultured, sophisticated, man about town!
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score

A living legend

A living legend
Blazing saddles was his epic. It wouldn't even be released today :(

The 2 writers for the movie were Brooks and Richard Pryor. Brooks is Jewish and Pryor was black. Pryor often made
jokes about southern white men. I was never offended. I laughed

'Scuse me while I whip this....back in and regret making racially insensitive appendage jokes...because nowadays people don't understand sardonic humour
:)
The 2 writers for the movie were Brooks and Richard Pryor. Brooks is Jewish and Pryor was black. Pryor often made
jokes about southern white men. I was never offended. I laughed
You guys are right. Most people today don’t even know what a joke is anymore, and they have completely forgotten how to laugh… particularly at themselves. I truly believe that I’m the last living person who can still take a joke without becoming offended. And I’m sure just saying that has offended someone. :covri:

You guys are right. Most people today don’t even know what a joke is anymore, and they have completely forgotten how to laugh… particularly at themselves. I truly believe that I’m the last living person who can still take a joke without becoming offended. And I’m sure just saying that has offended someone. :covri:
Enter Will Smith.....
Mel Brooks is a genius. Blazing Saddles, History of the World, Spaceballs, etc. and my favorite, Young Frankenstein.

Enter Will Smith.....
Mel Brooks is a genius. Blazing Saddles, History of the World, Spaceballs, etc. and my favorite, Young Frankenstein.
I didn’t see all of those. But I did see Blazing Saddles & Young Frankenstein on TV, and most of those flicks were pretty funny.

Young Frankenstein is my Halloween tradition.

Just the memory of watching Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle singing Puttin' On The Ritz for the first time makes me laugh. It was unexpected and hit just right to a pre-teen kid. It is/was disrespectful, but I think that Mel Brooks did that kind of stuff from a good place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom