Happy Boxing Day! (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After our hard work all day on Christmas to serve the gentry, we deserve to throw back a dozen pints and cheer on our favourite footballers!

Happy Boxing Day!

(The NBC family of networks are all showing EPL)

It's called Boxing Day because our house is filled with boxes, right?

we fought a whole revolution so we wouldn't have to recognize Boxing Day - at least i think that's why we revolted

I suppose in a roundabout way. If you consider the vision of America as one where the old social structure was demolished and all men were created equal - there's something to the idea that the American ideal obviated the need for Boxing Day.

Of course that's pure fantasy. The lifestyles of monied Americans were probably not much different than their English counterparts. You could even make a cynical (but not inaccurate) argument that it was common use of slaves that obviated Boxing Day . . . slaves don't get holidays.

I suppose in a roundabout way. If you consider the vision of America as one where the old social structure was demolished and all men were created equal - there's something to the idea that the American ideal obviated the need for Boxing Day.

Of course that's pure fantasy. The lifestyles of monied Americans were probably not much different than their English counterparts. You could even make a cynical (but not inaccurate) argument that it was common use of slaves that obviated Boxing Day . . . slaves don't get holidays.

viva la revolucion

Made for some good soccer today. So there's that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom