Happy Carnival people (1 Viewer)

Happy Kings Day.

Don’t want to threadjack but

Pizza Nola closed down. Anybody know where I can pick up a dong phuong king cake without driving all the way out east? My wife is a much happier person with one in the house.

Last edited:
Happy Kings Day.

Pizza Nola closed down. Anybody know where I can pick up a dong phuong king cake without driving all the way out east? My wife is a much happier person with one in the house.
??
i heard something about a new distribution thing happening
let me see if i can find it

eta
King Cake Hub launches January 6, 2019 at 4800 Canal St, in Mid-City, New Orleans.
Call 504-518-2953 for info (except honestly we'll just direct you back to the website).
Pre-order now for Holiday shopping and get ready for our Carnival Kickoff on 1/6!

fork tit. i need to protect my yard (lol i won’t be doing that sheet) from spanish town parade :(

Happy Kings Day.

The king cake hub on canal doesn’t carry dong phuong. You will have to head east. While there, grab some bread and a bahn mi.

The king cake hub on canal doesn’t carry dong phuong. You will have to head east. While there, grab some bread and a bahn mi.
mmm bahn mi. fork a king cake, just get several bahn mi and call it a day.

Happy Kings Day.

Dong Phuong Bakery & Restaurant
shared a post.

January 3 at 9:08 PM ·
https://www.facebook.com/1744421269191537/posts/2008031702830491/

DP Bakeshop
January 3 at 9:08 PM ·
We will be distributing a limited quantity of our king cakes to the following starting January 6:
Zuppardo’s Supermarket (Metairie)
Poeyfarre Market (CBD)
Mr. Bubbles Sandwich House (Westbank)
Pho Cong (Covington)
Jeanfreau’s (Chalmette)

This seems like as good a place as any...I'm looking for a good spot for king cakes in Baton Rouge. I've yet to stumble across anything aside from what's made in a grocery store. Any suggestions?

This seems like as good a place as any...I'm looking for a good spot for king cakes in Baton Rouge. I've yet to stumble across anything aside from what's made in a grocery store. Any suggestions?
i have yet to find one. baum’s is ok, but not great.

there are a few stores that get in a shipment from new orleans daily. i think callandros is one, but not sure from where.

it is basically the unicorn of baton rouge.

there are a few stores that get in a shipment from new orleans daily. i think callandros is one, but not sure from where.

I saw Callandros mentioned in a couple places. I’m going to swing by the one on government on my way to work.

Update: They have a ton of flavors, but they didn't have any plan jane ones. It was ~7:45 when I dropped in, so maybe they just sell out that fast. I got a pralines and cream and a cream cheese with pecans. I'm not big on cream cheese, but the flavor is very subtle, so it worked out. We enjoyed them.

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Update: They have a ton of flavors, but they didn't have any plan jane ones. It was ~7:45 when I dropped in, so maybe they just sell out that fast. I got a pralines and cream and a cream cheese with pecans. I'm not big on cream cheese, but the flavor is very subtle, so it worked out. We enjoyed them.

Image from iOS (2).jpg
i'd eat it, but can't say i like the looks of that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom