Happy Friday Night (2 Viewers)

I had to open another bottle of Pappy thanks to you.
You are going to make me head to the liquor store today aren’t you....

Your life : My life

Friday Night

Pool : My 2-year old pitched her lemonade off the table and it made a puddle in the kitchen

Boat : re-re-re-re-assembled the Mickey and The Roadster Racers DUPLO set, Mickey's Boat

Pappy Van Winkle : room temperature can of Miller Lite

Cuban Cigar : Just chewing on my fingernails watching the Raptors implode

There should be a different name for the night of the week you had and the night of the week I had. They both happened on a Friday, but the similarities end there.

Such a birch! I would put in a pool but it’s not worth the 3 months of swim time. It’s 51 tonight.

I was the nursery this morning picking up all of my plants for gardening. They asked if I wanted half of them to die.
They have gotten like 1/8 of their typical shipment because it's been - and still - so cold. They aren't letting the product leave the greenhouses.

This winter started late but made up for it in sheer frigidity, historic accumulation of snowfalls, record-setting cold temps in "Spring" and so on.

I was there, in a hoodie and vest, low 40s degrees at the nursery.

My daughter bought a cactus. That's about the only thing that kept us from coming home empty handed - and this is always the weekend I shop.

This winter was for shirt.

I was the nursery this morning picking up all of my plants for gardening. They asked if I wanted half of them to die.
They have gotten like 1/8 of their typical shipment because it's been - and still - so cold. They aren't letting the product leave the greenhouses.

This winter started late but made up for it in sheer frigidity, historic accumulation of snowfalls, record-setting cold temps in "Spring" and so on.

I was there, in a hoodie and vest, low 40s degrees at the nursery.

My daughter bought a cactus. That's about the only thing that kept us from coming home empty handed - and this is always the weekend I shop.

This winter was for shirt.

Down here we have had an unusually long and pleasant Spring. Thanks for taking one for the team.

It’s been particularly rainy and cooler than normal this winter & spring in San Diego. I’m beginning to think I was lied to about the “drought” and “endless sunny days” here.

Also, drink a very large thing of coconut water before heavy drinking and one before bed (if you can remember). Best way to prevent a hangover that I have found.

It’s been particularly rainy and cooler than normal this winter & spring in San Diego. I’m beginning to think I was lied to about the “drought” and “endless sunny days” here.

Also, drink a very large thing of coconut water before heavy drinking and one before bed (if you can remember). Best way to prevent a hangover that I have found.

But then the chilaquiles won't taste as good.

I’m in SD a lot and it is more SF than paradise. The weather is rarely great

It's still strange for me to live in the Los Angeles area. Weather doesn't exist here.

It gets hot but never humidity. It gets cool but never cold. It rains but it's always a light rain.

Last edited:

The locals claim otherwise. But also last night after work I was at the hair salon. It was literally 68 degrees and sunny. One girl working the front desk had been on a break and comes in and says “it’s cold in here”. The other girl says to her “yeah I can really feel the air conditioner. It’s because it’s so hot outside”.

Hot???? Sunny - yes. Barely warm - yes. But hot???!!! Their perception is definitely warped.

It's still strange for me to live in the Los Angeles area. Weather doesn't exist here.

It gets hot but never humidity. It gets cool but never cold. It rains but it's always a light rain.
And no matter when I fly in there is always traffic on the 405

Hot???? Sunny - yes. Barely warm - yes. But hot???!!! Their perception is definitely warped.

When I first moved out here, as I was leaving my apartment, a neighbor told me "it's raining cats and dogs out there".

I thought "That's strange. I didn't hear anything when I was in the apartment".

I walk outside and it's a Louisiana sprinkle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom