Happy Halloween! (1 Viewer)

Off to Google Hanal Pixan. Food sounds great. I'd fit right in. :hihi:

Hanal Pixan means feast of the souls (in context). People put up altars for their dearly departed full of the food and drink the deceased liked in life. The 1st day is in remembrance of children, the 2nd adults, and the last day the day of the souls.

Speaking of the pib (which is short for mucbil pollo) my neighbor cooked: she used to cook it with her aunt, who died recently, so she wanted to bake it not so much for me, but as a sort of closure. fo. However, there is a legend that says, if someone dies close to the holiday, the pib won't cook. So after 4+ hours in the oven, which is more than enough to cook a pib, the thing wouldn't cook. So she prayed to her aunt, asking her to let the pib cook. 2 hours later I was eating hot pib

It was de-li-cious.

Hanal Pixan means feast of the souls (in context). People put up altars for their dearly departed full of the food and drink the deceased liked in life. The 1st day is in remembrance of children, the 2nd adults, and the last day the day of the souls.

Speaking of the pib (which is short for mucbil pollo) my neighbor cooked: she used to cook it with her aunt, who died recently, so she wanted to bake it not so much for me, but as a sort of closure. fo. However, there is a legend that says, if someone dies close to the holiday, the pib won't cook. So after 4+ hours in the oven, which is more than enough to cook a pib, the thing wouldn't cook. So she prayed to her aunt, asking her to let the pib cook. 2 hours later I was eating hot pib

It was de-li-cious.

That's fascinating! Thanks!

I learned some important things on Halloween when I was young

AVIR.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom