Happy National Meth Day! (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
WHITE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
National Methamphetamine Awareness Day, 2006
A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

EXERPT:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim November 30, 2006, as National Methamphetamine Awareness Day. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate programs and activities.

READ MORE
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/11/20061128.html

WONKETTE.COM (Political Satire)
Happy National Meth Day!
November 30, 2006

EXERPTS:
"...cherished American holiday..."

“Using meth causes an increase in energy and alertness, a decrease in appetite, and an intense euphoric ‘rush.’”

Wow, sign us up!

The best part of National Meth Day, of course, is that it’ll last until Sunday at the earliest.

READ MORE
http://www.wonkette.com/politics/drugs/happy-national-meth-day-218286.php

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
National Methamphetamine Awareness Day, 2006

Meth Awareness
Meth 101
Get Involved
Stories
Learn More
Watch Anti-Meth Advertisements
DOJ Home

READ MORE
http://www.usdoj.gov/methawareness/

Woohoo, I'm out to score some Meth today. I think I'll just head back to my old Gurt Town neighborhood. That way the money stays local to New Orleans. Buy from local merchants, it's important.

I've never tried it before, but today seems to be the day for it. I applaud George W. Bush for his bravery in helping us to "just say yes to Meth."

Is it me or do we have too many "awareness days" already?

By the way DD, I want to thank you for pointing this out. You sir are a truly great American.

I took my cue from those warped left-wingers at Wonkette. Actually, it was the only G-Rated story on their whole site today. :)

this can be the meth day anthem:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THOSE DAMNED BLUE-COLLAR TWEEKERS--PRIMUS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've seen them out at Soco
They're pounding sixteen penny nails
The truckers on the interstate
Have been known to ride the rails
The sweat is beating on the brow
Can't keep these fellas down
'Cause those damned blue-collared tweekers
Are runnin' this here town

I knew a man who hung drywall
He hung it mighty quick
A trip or two to the blue room
Would help him do the trick
His foreman would pat him on the back
Whenever he would come around
'Cause these dammed blue-collar tweekers
Are beloved in this here town

Now the union boys are there
To protect us from all the corporate type
While curious George's drug patrol
Is out here hunting snipe
Now they try to tell me different
But you know I ain't no clown
'Cause those damned blue-collar tweekers
Are the backbone of this town

Now the flame that burns twice as bright
Burns only half as long
My eyes are growing weary
As I finalize this song
So sit back and have a cup o' joe
And watch the wheels go round
'Cause those damned blue-collar tweekers
Have always run this town
[/FONT]

Man, I can't even buy over the counter cold medicine at Walgreen's without being made out to be some kind of criminal.

High concentrate iodine solution is also about to dissappear from feed & seed and livestock supply stores.

We bought a bottle to treat a hoof fungus (white line) on one of our horses and the clerk said they wouldn't be able to sell it in the near future due to its use in drug manufacture.

TIMES-PICAYUNE
Authorities try to deter meth use
Dealers may target storm-relief laborers
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
By Michelle Hunter

Counting on the shock value, local Drug Enforcement Administration chief William Renton Jr. motioned to a mugshot of a man with a withered, skeletal face with grizzled patches of white hair.

The man looked to be in his 50s or older. Instead, Renton said, the unidentified man -- a methamphetamine user -- is in his 30s.

That photo, and others showing meth users' rotten, blackened teeth were displayed by federal officials anxious to educate the public on the grim effects of methamphetamine.

READ MORE
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-18/1164696889124640.xml&coll=1

Maybe you shouldn't be buying 30 bottles at a time.

robitussin.jpg

While the New Orleans area is well below the national average when it comes to usage and seizures, Letten and Renton fear that could soon change if dealers filter into the area and target new users. Hurricane Katrina may have opened that door, both men said.

They must not be looking too hard. I've been hearing about the jump in methheads all the way up here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom