Happy Problematic Holidays! (1 Viewer)

Don't forget to add People outraged because Kevin Hart had a Cowboy and Indian themed birthday party for his son.

and Franklin was sitting all alone at the Peanuts Thanksgiving day party.

Baby cold outside, Rudolf. Gender Neutral Santa? The things people are getting upset about is ??? PC gone crazy...

Santa has always been a old fat man...

Last edited:
What's your point? Some of those books have been on banned lists for decades. None of this is new.

Some have, some haven't. And banning them now should be met with resistance.

If you took the time to read the sources I provided, it wasn't all Steinbeck and Harper Lee.

Don't forget to add People outraged because Kevin Hart had a Cowboy and Indian themed birthday party for his son.

and Franklin was sitting all alone at the Peanuts Thanksgiving day party.

I assume the first part happened, because people have been crying over the Indian thing for a while...

But please tell me you're being sarcastic with the second thing.

Yeah well you ignore, ignore, ignore, then the next thing you know these people are banning books and restricting speech because they find the content "problematic".

The reaction to this thread reminds me of me when I posted a thread about the University of Mississippi professor who called for people to stick their fingers in the plates of politicians at restaurants. That thread was met with cries of "nothing to see here" and "who cares about some obscure sociology professor."

Well, as it turns out, apparently the financial supporters of the University of Mississippi cared. I don't think it was an accident that the Chancellor stepped down from his position soon after people called bullshirt on the professor. There wasn't much that could be done to correct the uncivil professor, but certainly there was a lesson to be learned about hiring professors who were trained at the University of Missouri.

Did you know Frosty has no pants!
and smokes!...

In front of children!

The reaction to this thread reminds me of me when I posted a thread about the University of Mississippi professor who called for people to stick their fingers in the plates of politicians at restaurants. That thread was met with cries of "nothing to see here" and "who cares about some obscure sociology professor."
if someone tells you that the biggest baddest wolf ever is right out side your door and everytime you check there's just an ill-tempered shihtzu, it loses its sense of alarm after the twentieth time

It's one of those accusations where a person is either trying to hard, or isn't even completely serious with the complaint.

yes, discussions that exaggerate the trivial does no justice for the actual issues - a point I've made more than once on this very board. It makes the actual work needing to be done so much harder, because it makes it so much easier to dismiss

and this cuts both ways, and we see examples of both in this very thread

You know if suddenly people declared that "all was right with the world", it would implode, right?

if someone tells you that the biggest baddest wolf ever is right out side your door and everytime you check there's just an ill-tempered shihtzu, it loses its sense of alarm after the twentieth time

You know better.

yes, discussions that exaggerate the trivial does no justice for the actual issues - a point I've made more than once on this very board. It makes the actual work needing to be done so much harder, because it makes it so much easier to dismiss

and this cuts both ways, and we see examples of both in this very thread

Agreed.

To a hammer, everything looks like a nail. There are a lot of hammers out there, and their nail is "oppression". It doesn't mean there isn't real oppression or racism out there, but when you find it in EVERYTHING, it just becomes noise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom