Happy Songs (The Yang for sad song thread) (1 Viewer)

1. I don't know
2. It's o.k., it's all about the try, and the results are unimportant in my book.

3......Walk Like an Egyptian and Susanna Hoffs...

4. Thanks M&M for the support!

I have a video of myself and 2 of my friends at 8 years old, dressed up in prime 80's fashion and makeup dancing to that song that my friend's dad recorded. If I can find it, I'll post it.

I have a video of myself and 2 of my friends at 8 years old, dressed up in prime 80's fashion and makeup dancing to that song that my friend's dad recorded. If I can find it, I'll post it.

Nice. Were you into Madonna? I know she was a fashion trend setter at one time. You were into music at 8 years old, pretty impressive. I remember watching MTV as a youngster and liked Twisted Sister, Michael Jackson, Billy Idol, The Cars, and Cindy Lauper. I don't think I was a fan though, was more of a fan of Transformers, Intellivision, and Legos.

My brother was into New Wave, so I got to listen to The Flock of Seagals, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Depeche Mode, Men at Work, and Tears for Fears. I thought the music was corny, so that's probably why my taste in music was delayed until grade 6.

Child rebellion song for the 80's, it has a happy feeling to it.

Despite being a fan of R.E.M and the B-52s, I don't really care for this song, but it fits the topical request (and I think it's the only time I've ever seen Michael Stipe smile):

Despite being a fan of R.E.M and the B-52s, I don't really care for this song, but it fits the topical request (and I think it's the only time I've ever seen Michael Stipe smile):

I feel the same....was tempted to post it, but didn't. This one is worth a post, it's a really fun song, and will probably be listened to for the next 50 years.

This one added cause I like it, not sure if it's to popular in the professional world. People at my old job didn't share the joy I have for this song. It's awesome! Who?! Who?! Who?!

Last edited:
Sorry. I'm about to ruin this song for you. Take out "Bee Girl" and read the lyrics.
This is Shannon Hoon crying for help. This belongs on that idiots "sad songs" thread.

Makes me want to dress up in a bee costume and run around town dancing so I’ll keep it here!

Sorry. I'm about to ruin this song for you. Take out "Bee Girl" and read the lyrics.
This is Shannon Hoon crying for help. This belongs on that idiot's "sad songs" thread.

Not exactly correct.....

"Blind Melon bass player Brad Smith wrote this song before he formed the band. He had moved from Mississippi to Los Angeles, where he fell into a funk. Brad told Songfacts: "The song is about not being able to get out of bed and find excuses to face the day when you have really, in a way, nothing."

At the time, Brad was dating a girl who was going through depression (she would sleep through sunny days and complain when it didn't rain), and for a while he told himself that he was writing the song from her perspective. He later realized that he was also writing about it himself."

Than again, songs are an expression, and it effects people differently. If the song makes him happy, don't take it away from him. Your such a downer sometimes Snoop Dog.

Not exactly correct.....

"Blind Melon bass player Brad Smith wrote this song before he formed the band. He had moved from Mississippi to Los Angeles, where he fell into a funk. Brad told Songfacts: "The song is about not being able to get out of bed and find excuses to face the day when you have really, in a way, nothing."

At the time, Brad was dating a girl who was going through depression (she would sleep through sunny days and complain when it didn't rain), and for a while he told himself that he was writing the song from her perspective. He later realized that he was also writing about it himself."

Than again, songs are an expression, and it effects people different. If the song makes him happy, don't take it away from him. Your such a downer sometimes Snoop Dog.

I'm embarrassed I got the songwriting credit wrong. I will listen to happy songs all day as punishment. Seriously, thanks for correcting me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom