Happy Songs (The Yang for sad song thread) (1 Viewer)

You beat me to it though I HATED this song at the time. Most of the people I worked with at the time were heavy coffee addists and couldn't get moving until we had 3-4 cups of coffee. Except one guy that always came into the office at 7:00am humming this song. D
To this day I still swear he did it to torture the rest of US!

This song always makes me happy.

Last edited:
Makes me want to dress up in a bee costume and run around town dancing so I’ll keep it here!

I really like Blind Melon, Tones of Home was my favorite song by them. To me the song means, going your own way, because you don't fit in. So, it's realizing freedom through rebellion. It gives me a good feeling.

This is one of my favorite songs, but sometimes I think it's a happy song and sometimes I think it's sad. Maybe that's why I like it so much. It's ambidextrous. I put it in the Happy Song thread because when I usually listen to it makes me happy. But there are times when it makes me sad. Maybe I should have posted it in the Sad Song thread.

Ska makes me happy.

I never really got into the Real Big Fish, but I knew Aaron from way back when. Having a song about selling out, was just to much for me. I was happy that he became successful though. Not even one drop of my blood is envious.

I like Operation Ivy, Sublime, The Clash, The Specials, Five Iron Frenzy, and The Orange County Supertones.

Tribute to the Orange County Ska sound.

The Vandals do a better job of the song, but No Doubt's version is much happier.

Christian Ska.

Cover song, but it's done well.

I really like Blind Melon, Tones of Home was my favorite song by them. To me the song means, going your own way, because you don't fit in. So, it's realizing freedom through rebellion. It gives me a good feeling.

They were a really good band. I think most people only know them for “the bee girl song” but they had a lot of good rock songs.

If had to pick a “happy” song for them, though, it would (weirdly enough) have to be the one from the perspective of a serial killer featuring a kazoo and banjo...

Edit: I posted this before reading the whole thread and seeing there was an ongoing dialogue about Blind Melon - ha! I’ll add some of their sad songs on the other thread.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite songs, but sometimes I think it's a happy song and sometimes I think it's sad. Maybe that's why I like it so much. It's ambidextrous. I put it in the Happy Song thread because when I usually listen to it makes me happy. But there are times when it makes me sad. Maybe I should have posted it in the Sad Song thread.

Yeah, Billy Joel and Christie Brinkly were the first "power couple" I knew about as a kid. By the way, did you know Billy Joel started off heavy metal? You can youtube "Atilla, Billy Joel" to listen to it. It's not exactly my style, but if you like psychedelic metal, could be worth a listen. It reminds me of Led Zepplin mixed with The Grateful Dead.

Give it up for Billy Joel and the power of the bass guitar.

If Blind Mellon and 80's nostalgia make you happy.....

No sound until the 15 second mark.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom