Happy Star Trek Day (1 Viewer)

LOONEY

gulf war vet
Reaction score
50 years ago on September the 8<SUP>th</SUP> 1966 Gene Roddenberry and Cbs introduced the world to one of the longest running science fiction shows in the history of television , Starting with the episode The Cage we began our 50 year voyage to explore strange new worlds, from television to movies fans of all ages have come to love this universe . <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
So Happy Star Trek day may we all live long and prosper.

That's pretty cool.

Happy Star Trek day to you too.

Just to clarify, "The Cage" was not broadcast on Sept 8, 1966, nor was it the the first one broadcast. The episode " The Man Trap" was broadcast that day.

Just to clarify, "The Cage" was not broadcast on Sept 8, 1966, nor was it the the first one broadcast. The episode " The Man Trap" was broadcast that day.

I know the man trap was the first episode shown to the Nation. but i always liked the pilot episode the Cage With Capt. Pike Jeffrey Hunter Nailed it.

But i dont want to argue today Just wishing All Sr. A Happy Star Trek Day And Hoping we All Get to Live Long and Prosper.

150838_0.jpg

Here's to 50 more years of a hopeful, optimistic future!

I know the man trap was the first episode shown to the Nation. but i always liked the pilot episode the Cage With Capt. Pike Jeffery Hunter Nailed it.

But i dont want to argue today Just wishing All Sr. A Happy Star Trek Day And Hoping we All Get to Live Long and Prosper.

Yeah, wasn't trying to start anything.

However, rather than The Cage, " The Menagerie" was the one that hooked me. Besides incorporating " The Cage ", the idea that you do wrong for the right reason always fascinated me considering I always wanted to disobey my father.

Yeah, wasn't trying to start anything.

However, rather than The Cage, " The Menagerie" was the one that hooked me. Besides incorporating " The Cage ", the idea that you do wrong for the right reason always fascinated me considering I always wanted to disobey my father.

True, think this post i found says it better then i could.

50 years worth of new frontiers have really changed the world, hasn't it? The technologies and inventions that Star Trek inspired are too numerous to list... Yet, the people who've been inspired to greater things after watching Star Trek out number those new technologies a thousand-fold... Trek has always really been about something more that science, technology, and philosophy. The big picture of Star Trek has always been Humanity.

So, here's to you. To us.

Here's to all our dreams of better times, to all our ambitions for the future, and to all our hopes for a world where all man kind can cooperate, care, and work together for a better future...

Here's to all the friends, family, and other loved ones we've lost, and to all those cherished loved ones who still live, and help us in our daily struggles...

Here's to all those innovators who put an idea to paper, and then took it to production, bringing us out of the stone age, and into the future...

I actually just finished my many month-long journey through the Voyager series, since I didn't watch it much when it was on TV.

For a while, I was impatient to have the series conclude...especially when I realized it was 7 seasons x ~25 episodes. But then I guess the show grew on me and I was almost sad that it was over.

Now I'm attempting to watch Enterprise. I tried once before, but failed because of the dumbest Star Trek theme song ever, the plucky Scott Bakula's decidedly un-Captain like demeanor and the *****y duck faced Vulcan. But maybe starting from the beginning will smooth those perceptions over.

Except for the theme song. Very not Star Trek.

Once you get past the 1st season its pretty good , Now as far as T-pol
i have to disagree with you on that.

Attachments

• tpol.jpg
    tpol.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 13
Ehh... She's an attractive woman otherwise, but it looks like her lips were stung by a bee and is in dire need of an epipen. That just doesn't do it for me. But if swollen lips float your boat, then have at it.

Nooooo... How can you have an issue with T-Pol?

2555831441_7869556172.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom