Happy Star Wars Day (1 Viewer)

my son is crazy about star wars....he probably knows more about it than i do....

I actually grew up watching Star Wars. I owned several action figures in their original case, but unfortunately lost them in Katrina.

oh i did too....i loved it...but now there are Clone Wars, and the newer movies out there....i am not really into them but i do own the DVDs....he has watched all 6 movies multiple times.....

Its time to get your nerd on.

Nerdy? No doubt about it, young Jedi. But who doesn't love nerding out every once in a while? Just think of Star Wars Day as a day of much-needed harmony for a war-torn galaxy far, far away.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/buzz-log-happy-star-wars-day.html

If only Lucas had not royally messed up Episode I and II. I thought Episode III was pretty decent, but it probably only ranks ahead of Return of the Jedi. If he had done a decent job with Episodes I-III, we might have gotten episodes VII - IX at some point. I guess we still might since he did make money on the last three, but I find it hard to look forward to them with the hash he made of the last three.

If only Lucas had not royally messed up Episode I and II. I thought Episode III was pretty decent, but it probably only ranks ahead of Return of the Jedi. If he had done a decent job with Episodes I-III, we might have gotten episodes VII - IX at some point. I guess we still might since he did make money on the last three, but I find it hard to look forward to them with the hash he made of the last three.

The writing and acting in I-III all sucked royally. The only way III could be considered a decent movie is by comparing it to the first two. Empirically, it sucked too. ROTJ was much better than III, although it did have it's is own issues.

I actually grew up watching Star Wars. I owned several action figures in their original case, but unfortunately lost them in Katrina.

I was lucky. Mine were in my parents attic during Katrina and the water only went up to the ceiling in their house so most of mine were safe. I still have a lot of the action figures and the Millenium Falcon, but I let my daughter play with them so they are a little messed up.

The writing and acting in I-III all sucked royally. The only way III could be considered a decent movie is by comparing it to the first two. Empirically, it sucked too. ROTJ was much better than III, although it did have it's is own issues.

You're right it probably was worse that ROTJ, but in comparison to I and II, it seemed better. The writing and acting was horrible despite the fact that they had some good actors. Liam Niesen, Ewan Macgregor, Samuel L. Jackson and Natalie Portman are all really good actors so I have to assume the writing was just so horrible that they couldn't do anything with it. The guy that played the older Anikan/Vader was terrible with the way he always whined. Although, I saw something on Star Wars the other day where Kevin Smith defended the whining by saying that a whiny little emo brat is exactly the kind of person you expect to grow up to be a mass murderer.

You're right it probably was worse that ROTJ, but in comparison to I and II, it seemed better. The writing and acting was horrible despite the fact that they had some good actors. Liam Niesen, Ewan Macgregor, Samuel L. Jackson and Natalie Portman are all really good actors so I have to assume the writing was just so horrible that they couldn't do anything with it. The guy that played the older Anikan/Vader was terrible with the way he always whined. Although, I saw something on Star Wars the other day where Kevin Smith defended the whining by saying that a whiny little emo brat is exactly the kind of person you expect to grow up to be a mass murderer.

I just think they all mailed it in, and it started with Lucas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom