Happy Zion day all *official Pels vs Spurs thread (1 Viewer)

Well, I don’t want to be premature, but this is the finest performance from an athlete the great city of New Orleans has ever seen, and may ever see again.

I am only a casual basketball fan, so I’m not familiar with the ‘schtick’ of these particular announcers- but what’s up with the one guy putting the other guy on the spot about who he’d draft first, less than three months into the first season of Morant and Williamson?? The other guy understandably says ‘ask me in two years’, but the other isnt having it.. It’s literally like watching the first half of the first game of the NFL season a couple years ago, and if the Bears had played the Chiefs first game- maybe Trubisky completes more passes, and has a couple TD throws, and Mahomes doesnt really do much- and that causes you to say that you’d still take Trubisky ahead of Mahomes.. makes no sense, and honestly makes the one guy sound like a fool.

Last edited:
Looks like we used up all our 3s against the Grizz.

I knew that I shouldn't have decided to watch this Zion's debut tonight. I have yet to watch any Pelicans game this year that they've played well enough to win. But I truly knew that it was going to take a year or two before the Pelicans would be for real.

Maybe next year they will surprise us all. They seem to be getting some talent on the team. But we need to find some players who can hit from the arc and the free throw line. That kills this team every game.

This was beautiful to see...

I am only a casual basketball fan, so I’m not familiar with the ‘schtick’ of these particular announcers- but what’s up with the one guy putting the other guy on the spot about who he’d draft first, less than three months into the first season of Morant and Williamson?? The other guy understandably says ‘ask me in two years’, but the other isnt having it.. It’s literally like watching the first half of the first game of the NFL season a couple years ago, and if the Bears had played the Chiefs first game- maybe Trubisky completes more passes, and has a couple TD throws, and Mahomes doesnt really do much- and that cures you to say that you’d still take Trubisky ahead of Mahomes.. makes no sense, and honestly makes the one guy sound like a fool.
They're idiots.

I knew that I shouldn't have decided to watch this Zion's debut tonight. I have yet to watch any Pelicans game this year that they've played well enough to win. But I truly knew that it was going to take a year or two before the Pelicans would be for real.

Maybe next year they will surprise us all. They seem to be getting some talent on the team. But we need to find some players who can hit from the arc and the free throw line. That kills this team every game.
Turn off the TV.

if you want to hear about basketball when youre watching basketball turn it to fox sports NO

Well I’m not in NOLA at the moment.. and whether watching football or basketball, i usually prefer to hear the national perspective, i dont usually ‘turn down the tv, turn up the radio’ to listen to Deuce or whoever.

But i do like the sound of that Pelican announcer Joel something or other’s voice, it’s very soothing.

Pop won't let the Spurs get into a fast paced game. If we can somehow get them out this inside out game and they start missing thier own 3s, Pels will make this a game.

Perhaps it's the Zion distraction.
It was bound to happen.

Of course it is.. i know next to nothing about bball, but even I know that if the team’s been in a rhythm lately, and then they have to make room for Zion- there’s going to be a step back for a while, before they eventually (hopefully) make a leap forward.

I really thought the Pelicans were a better team.
Is this their typical shooting percentage? :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom