Happy Zion day all *official Pels vs Spurs thread (1 Viewer)

Zion goes off in the 4th and Gentry takes him out of the game. Just another reason the Pelicans need a new coach.
Well I do think they (GM, Trainer, Etc.) not so much Gentry were over Zion's mins so it is to keep Zion healthy overall so we can have him longer. He did look pretty winded.

But since Gentry had kept him in longer than necessary he should have made an executive decision and just kept him in. It's like dude, coach your team.

Do most people think that Gentry can make the Pels a legitimate team some day?
From what I gather Davis didn't think so.
Probably not, but Anthony Davis has no credibility in deciding what the Pels need to do to win. The entire team was walking injured his entire career in NOLA, Davis included. Hard to win if the best players never play. NOLA doesn't attract the best talent either. Of they become a championship-level team, it will be through trades and the draft.

Why on earth would you take a hot hand like Zion out of the game now? This makes zero sense.
Obviously so he doesn't aggravate his injury.

They said they would limit his time before the game started. Every time he came off the floor the trainers examined him. You can clearly see they're more concerned with his health long term than winning a single game. Pels fans would call for Gentry's head if Zion continued to play and re-injured himself because he fatigued due to not being in game shape. You could see Gentry getting up to pull Zion, but he left him in when he got a hot hand.

Well I do think they (GM, Trainer, Etc.) not so much Gentry were over Zion's mins so it is to keep Zion healthy overall so we can have him longer. He did look pretty winded.

But since Gentry had kept him in longer than necessary he should have made an executive decision and just kept him in. It's like dude, coach your team.

TNT were saying Ball ignored Gentry twice when he tried to get a timeout in. Damn shame when the squad ignores the head coach because of ineptitude.

Probably not, but Anthony Davis has no credibility in deciding what the Pels need to do to win. The entire team was walking injured his entire career in NOLA, Davis included. Hard to win if the best players never play. NOLA doesn't attract the best talent either. Of they become a championship-level team, it will be through trades and the draft.
Well, I just wish I could watch a Pelicans game that they actually win. If I'm watching it live, they always find a way to lose and send me to bed aggravated. :hm:
'Nite y'all... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

They said they would limit his time before the game started. Every time he came off the floor the trainers examined him. You can clearly see they're more concerned with his health long term than winning a single game. Pels fans would call for Gentry's head if Zion continued to play and re-injured himself because he fatigued due to not being in game shape. You could see Gentry getting up to pull Zion, but he left him in when he got a hot hand.

There were actually two stories out there I heard. One said that they would have him on a pitch count. The other said they wouldn't.

Once they fire Gentry, I guarantee they become a better team. I hope Griffin does it during the All-Star Break esp if we are still in the hunt to make the playoffs. If not then the offseason for sure.

I feel Griffin is waiting to see what Gentry does w/ Zion in the line-up. So far, not good. Hope, I'm wrong tho and Gentry can win next few b/c we need to go a winning streak soon if we're going to make the playoffs.

There were actually two stories out there I heard. One said that they would have him on a pitch count. The other said they wouldn't.
During the game they said Gentry told them Zion would play in 3-4 minutes increments. During the game, Zion played in 3-4 minute increments with the exception being the hot streak. I would to go with the story that said Zion would be on a pitch count and probably ignore the other guy as a source of reliable info from here on out.

Once they fire Gentry, I guarantee they become a better team. I hope Griffin does it during the All-Star Break esp if we are still in the hunt to make the playoffs. If not then the offseason for sure.
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. You're going to be disappointed. Griffin doesn't strike me as a guy who listens to basketball fans for his employment decisions. He strikes me as a guy who will use Gentry until it's time to move on.

During the game they said Gentry told them Zion would play in 3-4 minutes increments. During the game, Zion played in 3-4 minute increments with the exception being the hot streak. I would to go with the story that said Zion would be on a pitch count and probably ignore the other guy as a source of reliable info from here on out.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying what was said. It's obvious he was on a pitch count.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU

This threw off the other players esp Brandon Ingram and maybe even Jrue (even tho clearly this year we don't know what Jrue we're gonna get game to game) b/c we haven't even talked about the fact he had a bad game tonight w/ Zion in there which isn't good b/c we need and want them to play well together.

This threw off the other players esp Brandon Ingram and maybe even Jrue (even tho clearly this year we don't know what Jrue we're gonna get game to game) b/c we haven't even talked about the fact he had a bad game tonight w/ Zion in there which isn't good b/c we need and want them to play well together.
Agreed. I felt that starting Zion wasn't the right move. The Pels have really gotten some momentum lately and it seems the better move for the team as well as Zion was to sub him in about 5-6 minutes into the game. I think that really set the team back and the Spurs jumped out to a lead and gave them momentum that they never really relinquished.

Regardless, Zion needs to get into game shape and integrate with the rest of the team. I don't think that anyone feels they should leave him on the bench. It took him 4 quarters, but we can clearly see the hypenis real. You might as well get started now and see how quickly they can fit him into the rotation.

I know we all want to see them in the playoffs. Mathematically it's still possible, but I'm trying not to invest too much into that belief. This team has a lot of great, young pieces for the future. They need to lock up BI as soon as possible.

lamarcus-aldridge-spurs-vs-bulls-nba-25122016_r8nmmb3dz3t4176qm6vx4bhw3-1.jpg

This. Pels had no answer for Aldridge. He averages 19 a game.... Scores 32 last night.
We didn't defend him well at all and it ate us up. It takes the transition game out that we are really good at.
This is why we lost. Defense of him was just bad. Favors got 2 early fouls which didn't help.

But you can see what Zion brings to the game. Excited to see what happens 20 games from now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom