N/S Harbaugh Will Take Raiders Job If Offered (1 Viewer)

NIL can’t help. The SEC is supreme and players know where the big dogs play. In fact, NIL is making the SEC stronger. Hardbaugh knows that. Hardbaugh needs a change. He knows how coach and he somehow connects with his team. I think he would be a great fit for the Raiders. Lots of temptations in Vegas obviously, so I think he can keep those players grounded to an extent.

That's true about NIL, but if Michigan is willing to commit to it, given their alumni and connections to the auto industry in Michigan, they could blow away most any SEC program (with the possible exception of Texas) with the amount of NIL money they could generate. The difference is that it really does "mean more" in the SEC. Our states are willing to let the education system crumble as long as the football teams win. Michigan is not likely to be willing to do that.

That's true about NIL, but if Michigan is willing to commit to it, given their alumni and connections to the auto industry in Michigan, they could blow away most any SEC program (with the possible exception of Texas) with the amount of NIL money they could generate. The difference is that it really does "mean more" in the SEC. Our states are willing to let the education system crumble as long as the football teams win. Michigan is not likely to be willing to do that.
Yes, Michigan can be players with NIL, but can they really get the Southern boys??? No offense to anyone who roots for a Conference outside of the SEC, but the SEC is just flat out dominant. Those southern boys don’t have to go outside the conference regardless if anyone is ponying up with NIL bc the SEC is still going to dominate that area too imho.

He's negotiated his reup with Michigan, you have to set the market and his market expands beyond College Football. After he took that pay cut last year and proved his worth this year, The Michigan Brass is going to have to open up those wallets and purses and pay him for his value. he's already hired more people for his staff on the Defensive line and offensive assistants so he's staying.
I think it is 50/50. The Raiders might be the most attractive position for him given that he would have as close to the same power and influence there as he has as the head coach of Michigan. As for the Michigan brass opening up their wallets, if I am being honest, it'll come down to powerful alums/donors, namely Stephen Eisenberg, Nate Forbes, Stephen Ross, the Glicks, and a few others. Warde Manuel and Michigan officials will go as the alums go.

Yes, Michigan can be players with NIL, but can they really get the Southern boys??? No offense to anyone who roots for a Conference outside of the SEC, but the SEC is just flat out dominant. Those southern boys don’t have to go outside the conference regardless if anyone is ponying up with NIL bc the SEC is still going to dominate that area too imho.
I think rooting for a conference is a uniquely SEC phenomenon.

I think rooting for a conference is a uniquely SEC phenomenon.
I’m all LSU, but I do see the level of competition is different in the SEC. Everyone should be able to see that as well. Although, you are correct. We tend to want to see our Conference win as opposed to other conferences for the most part. Depends on competition for me. I root against Alabama regardless of who they are playing. I respect that program and their coach is the GOAT, but I rather not see them win every year. I have zero problems rooting for Georgia. I love that school and their fans. I would be cool if my boys wanted to attend that university. Always have. In fact, I’m trying to persuade them to go to Athens. It’s not that far from where I live now

That’s what getting your butt kicked by OSU every year (except this past year) will do to a person. He should go back to the NFL. He won’t take Michigan any further than he did this year.
That and hes old as dirt now

It is not so much burnout as it is Jim wears out his welcome. He is not an easy person to work for/with. Trust me.
Totally accurate. Jim is a coach that relies on the "Rah-Rah," emotional approach and those guys can only keep the attention of a pro locker room for a set amount of time. Its the reason he was already wearing out his welcome in SF when he left to return to his alma mater. I think he could probably build on the success and roster there in Vegas, but somewhere around year 3 his style will start wearing thin with veterans. Even with real success, he could last maybe 5 years.

Don't get me wrong, in the short term he is a good coach. He is similar to Dick Vermeil in this sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom