Harbaugh's not talking to each other (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Harbaugh brothers haven't spoken since Super Bowl

If you saw John Harbaugh shake Jim Harbaugh's hand after Super Bowl XLVII, then you witnessed the most recent communication between the two brothers. During a visit to David Letterman's Late Show on Thursday, John Harbaugh talked about the postgame handshake and his lack of communication with Jim since Super Bowl Sunday.
"I told him I loved him, you know, good game, and he said 'congratulations,' you know, 'I'm proud of you,'" John Harbaugh said of the postgame handshake.
Letterman then asked John if he had spoken to Jim since the handshake.
"I have not," Harbaugh said. "We have not had a conversation since. We will -- soon." Although John didn't seem to know exactly when that conversation would take place. "I'm hoping, you know, sometime soon. We actually, we have meetings coming up, we have a combine in two weeks."

2013 Super Bowl: Harbaugh brothers haven't spoken since Super Bowl - CBSSports.com

I've heard some rumor on radio talk shows that Jim thinks he was cheated by a non holding call and is being a little bit of a sore loser. From what I've seen of Jim I'm not really surprised though.

I called it. When i read where he said "meeting up with his brother for the handshake was the hardest thing he had to do" i was like...probably because he knows they won't be talking for a while and he knows how upset his kid brother gets.

Especially since they came sooooooo close. I bet John has lost to Jim in that fashion more than once in his life.

Jim is such a hack. I really wished our defense didn't get soft late in that playoff game. I wanted to beat him so bad so we could make him cry too.

131343614383.png

Jim is probably the biggest crybaby in the NFL.

Jesus. It was 4 days, and in those 4 days John has been through the media carwash, is it really surprising or even the slightest bit news worthy that they haven't spoken? There are plenty of times that my brother and I don't speak for 4 days and we live in the same city and work for the same company.

Jim's sideline tantrums are pretty embarrassing. He acts like a 5 year old being told he can't have a candy bar before dinner.

Jesus. It was 4 days, and in those 4 days John has been through the media carwash, is it really surprising or even the slightest bit news worthy that they haven't spoken? There are plenty of times that my brother and I don't speak for 4 days and we live in the same city and work for the same company.

Do you and your brother often engage in the biggest sporting event in the world against each other?

Do you and your brother often engage in the biggest sporting event in the world against each other?
Yes. Beerpong.

Do you honestly think there are stretches during the season when they don't speak for more than 4 days?

Yes. Beerpong.

Do you honestly think there are stretches during the season when they don't speak for more than 4 days?

This is different, for obvious reasons. If you can't see the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

These two men that have grown up together and are in the same profession just engaged in a Super Bowl. I would think a congratulatory call would be in order. Even if they shook hands after the game, I would still think that the two men would enjoy a private moment together in the days following. I would think he'd call him even just to poke fun at him: "you know you got lucky right?"

This is different, for obvious reasons. If you can't see the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

These two men that have grown up together and are in the same profession just engaged in a Super Bowl. I would think a congratulatory call would be in order. Even if they shook hands after the game, I would still think that the two men would enjoy a private moment together in the days following. I would think he'd call him even just to poke fun at him: "you know you got lucky right?"

I'd think just the opposite. My brother and I are close, but if he denied me the Lombardi that I'd been working for most of my life then I doubt I'd be in the mood to chit chat for a while. Losing the Super Bowl has to be tough, even tougher to lose it to your brother.

Jim Harbaugh is a baby. I'm sure he doesn't wanna talk because that will be akin to admitting defeat; something children have tough times doing. But even if you don't wanna talk, you do it out of respect for your brother. Period. Be a man.

I'd think just the opposite. My brother and I are close, but if he denied me the Lombardi that I'd been working for most of my life then I doubt I'd be in the mood to chit chat for a while. Losing the Super Bowl has to be tough, even tougher to lose it to your brother.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I would call my brother. If my brother just accomplished probably the biggest thing he'll ever accomplish in his life, something we've both been working our whole lives for, I would call him to congratulate him in private the next day or certainly within a couple of days. I also would not have had such a cold handshake after the game either. Jim is being a sore loser, sorry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom