Harbough fussing over the non-hold call (1 Viewer)

I can understand the non-call on the 4th down play at the end of the game, might not like it, but can understand it...but the non-call against Ed Reed's offsides on the 2 pt conversion was pretty blatant... And the non-call on the tackle by the two-person wedge against (I believe) Bruce Miller, to open up the hole on the kickoff return to begin the second half was pretty blatant as well.

But the 49ers frankly didn't play too well. The key to the 49ers defense has been an ability to generate pressure with their four man rush, and frankly, they didn't do a very good job of doing that. Their defense really wore down during the last half of the season because they depended so heavily on Ray MacDonald and Justin Smith. The lack of depth hurt them down the stretch.

He is on the money. That call ruined that game for them. That was holding or pass interference all the way. That entire game, they didn't call the ravens once for jumping off sides which they did constantly. The play before that, there was a very obvious helmet to helmet hit on the QB, and no flag. I thought Goodell was all for player protection?

Look I don't care if it's the 49ers or the Vikings or even the Falcons. The Niners got screwed big time in that game. If that was our Saints, I know you'd all be outraged. They didn't get called off sides on the 2 point conversion which they totally were, they didn't called for the helmet to helmet hit on 3rd and goal, NO CALL for off sides or pass interference/holding on the 4th and goal play that decided the game.

You can say what you want about Harbaugh but if that was the Saints and Payton don't freak out like that, yeah you'd all be wanting him to blow up too.

The Niners got royally screwed in this game by the refs. Mail them a ring Baltimore, they made sure they sent your thug role model and murderer out with another ring.

I can understand the non-call on the 4th down play at the end of the game, might not like it, but can understand it...but the non-call against Ed Reed's offsides on the 2 pt conversion was pretty blatant... And the non-call on the tackle by the two-person wedge against (I believe) Bruce Miller, to open up the hole on the kickoff return to begin the second half was pretty blatant as well.

But the 49ers frankly didn't play too well. The key to the 49ers defense has been an ability to generate pressure with their four man rush, and frankly, they didn't do a very good job of doing that. Their defense really wore down during the last half of the season because they depended so heavily on Ray MacDonald and Justin Smith. The lack of depth hurt them down the stretch.

How about the no call on the out of bounds hit on Flacco.....they call that every time, for it is an infraction against the safety of the player who is hit. Flacco was hit a full yd out of bounds, yet there was no flag for that blatant infraction.

How about the no call on the out of bounds hit on Flacco.....they call that every time, for it is an infraction against the safety of the player who is hit. Flacco was hit a full yd out of bounds, yet there was no flag for that blatant infraction.

That has no place in the "9ers got hosed" script.

Listen, on the 49ers last TD scoring drive, they held Baltimore pretty blatantly on EVERY single play but there was no call.

The calls were going badly for both sides.

yeah... you can't expect that call to be made... refs don't want to determine the outcome of a big game like that... esp. the Super Bowl

I'm always confused by this response to things. The entire season the players are subjected to the rules of the game and penalized for the illegal actions. Then suddenly in the last and biggest game of the year, we're suppose to just toss out the rules and say "let them play!" That's not really how things work. You can't say that the refs don't want to determine the outcome of a big game...and then they don't even do their job. Because not throwing flags on actions that should be a penalty is just as much determining the outcome of the game as throwing a flag on something that shouldn't be a penalty.

^

Here it is.

This is from the Atlanta game. What a total ****.

59de8693d93634fa67950cdf8b74e6cc_large

I want cake and i want it now!

Fwiw, on the fourth down play, there could have been two penalties on the play, could have been holding on the Ravens and OPI on the 9ers receiver for the pushoff. The refs let it go and I thought that was the best way to go.

Blah Blah Blah...
The Niners got royally screwed in this game by the refs. Mail them a ring Baltimore, they made sure they sent your thug role model and murderer out with another ring.

You are like the virtual board Jim Harbaugh in this post. ;)

Such a whiney baby!!!

And for the record, i am GLAD they didnt throw the flag. It wouldve been ticky tacky if they did throw the flag and i dont want zebras deciding games.

Jim Harbaugh protests non-call: 'There was a hold' - NFL - Sporting News

I would perhaps feel different if this happened to the Saints...but we know the Saints dont get these call anyway. So it is moot.

I didn't want the whiners to win but I have to tell you as a sports fan I was screaming at my TV. That was blatant holding. If that would have been the Saints we would be calling for someones job!

Pitiful non-call.

He is on the money. That call ruined that game for them. That was holding or pass interference all the way. That entire game, they didn't call the ravens once for jumping off sides which they did constantly. The play before that, there was a very obvious helmet to helmet hit on the QB, and no flag. I thought Goodell was all for player protection?

Look I don't care if it's the 49ers or the Vikings or even the Falcons. The Niners got screwed big time in that game. If that was our Saints, I know you'd all be outraged. They didn't get called off sides on the 2 point conversion which they totally were, they didn't called for the helmet to helmet hit on 3rd and goal, NO CALL for off sides or pass interference/holding on the 4th and goal play that decided the game.

You can say what you want about Harbaugh but if that was the Saints and Payton don't freak out like that, yeah you'd all be wanting him to blow up too.

<-------------------- :homer:

The 49ers can cry me a river from having a poorly officiated game. Pound for pound they were a better football team than the Saints in the 80s but far too often did I have to endure a horribly officiated game at Old Candlestick when playing those guys. So, they can add their mythical, stolen championship from this year to the 2 or 3 I count for the Saints in the 80s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom