Harbough fussing over the non-hold call (2 Viewers)

I didn't want the whiners to win but I have to tell you as a sports fan I was screaming at my TV. That was blatant holding. If that would have been the Saints we would be calling for someones job!

Pitiful non-call.

Agree to disagree.

I thought Crabtree was hand-checking just as much. He couldnt get out of the jam and they lost because of it.

I do agree that i would probably be having a fit if it were the Saints, but it isnt.

veruca_salt1.jpg

He is on the money. That call ruined that game for them. That was holding or pass interference all the way. That entire game, they didn't call the ravens once for jumping off sides which they did constantly. The play before that, there was a very obvious helmet to helmet hit on the QB, and no flag. I thought Goodell was all for player protection?

Look I don't care if it's the 49ers or the Vikings or even the Falcons. The Niners got screwed big time in that game. If that was our Saints, I know you'd all be outraged. They didn't get called off sides on the 2 point conversion which they totally were, they didn't called for the helmet to helmet hit on 3rd and goal, NO CALL for off sides or pass interference/holding on the 4th and goal play that decided the game.

You can say what you want about Harbaugh but if that was the Saints and Payton don't freak out like that, yeah you'd all be wanting him to blow up too.

The Niners got royally screwed in this game by the refs. Mail them a ring Baltimore, they made sure they sent your thug role model and murderer out with another ring.

no they werent...and no replay showed Ed Reed to be offside. period.

Actually, SP would have been upset that it came down to 4th and goal...3 putrid play calls/execution later...no timeouts remaining...thats what led to that play.

Jim Harbaugh is a perennial sore loser. He needs to get control over that or his current "media darling" status will sour pretty quick.

49ers didnt get screwed over by the refs...they got screwed over by not executing when needed. The refs are the scape goat in this one.

And if you want non-calls....how many more times are the Refs/NFL going to allow Donte Whitner to run 25+ yards at full speed, and spear the RB at the end of a run play? It happened at least 3-4 times in this game and even Ray Rice took exception to it after the 2-3rd one.

He is on the money. That call ruined that game for them. That was holding or pass interference all the way. That entire game, they didn't call the ravens once for jumping off sides which they did constantly. The play before that, there was a very obvious helmet to helmet hit on the QB, and no flag. I thought Goodell was all for player protection?

Look I don't care if it's the 49ers or the Vikings or even the Falcons. The Niners got screwed big time in that game. If that was our Saints, I know you'd all be outraged. They didn't get called off sides on the 2 point conversion which they totally were, they didn't called for the helmet to helmet hit on 3rd and goal, NO CALL for off sides or pass interference/holding on the 4th and goal play that decided the game.

You can say what you want about Harbaugh but if that was the Saints and Payton don't freak out like that, yeah you'd all be wanting him to blow up too.

The Niners got royally screwed in this game by the refs. Mail them a ring Baltimore, they made sure they sent your thug role model and murderer out with another ring.

Don't think you watched the whole game. The niner's O-Line had more tackles than the Ravens defense. Most plays there were at least 2 Olmen holding and it wasn't called. Obvioud blocks in the back on the ir punt return. They let a lot slide on both sides but the winers clearly had the advantage.

I look at it this way.

The running into the kicker was totally bogus (he simply fell over the defender and put on a great acting job like he was taught to).

So negate those 3 points and the score is 34-26 going into that last drive (they would have gone for 2 with the score 31-26 just as well).

So SF would have had to still get into the endzone and then make a 2 point conversion just to tie the game. And Baltimore still would have had probably a solid minute of play and I think all of their timeouts to do down the field and get a game winning FG (and their kicker could have made it from the 40 yard line).

there was a some holding but Crabtree basically stiff armed the defender to the ground as well. The refs were consistant all game and thats all u can ask for.

I can understand a bad call, the Saints have gotten our fair shall, as have all teams I suspect, and since this is the big game, I can at least understand his, reaction, but this is "a little" much.

Trust me, if this was us on the bad end of the call, would we not be acting out as well?

Food for thought. Then again, he is acting like a 5 year old who got kicked off the xbox for being on to long, or something.

Total BS.....40whiners are lucky the lights turned out or it would have been a blowout. Ravens offense was inactive for 84 minutes hence the multiple 3 and outs when they started playing again. Also that old raven defense was the worst victim of the delay...Not to mention the BS 3 points given to the whiners on the roughing the kicker call, Akers was not touched but came down on top of the guy. Refs called that BS but don't call roughing the passer when Flacco was 3 yards out of bounds and gets nailed. The only team that got screwed was the Ravens....game should have been a blowout.

Will Never Hear The End Of It

The San Fran fans will whine about the "non call" for years. They truly live up to their nickname Forty Whiners!

Actually, SP would have been upset that it came down to 4th and goal...3 putrid play calls/execution later...no timeouts remaining...thats what led to that play.

Jim Harbaugh is a perennial sore loser. He needs to get control over that or his current "media darling" status will sour pretty quick.

49ers didnt get screwed over by the refs...they got screwed over by not executing when needed. The refs are the scape goat in this one.

And if you want non-calls....how many more times are the Refs/NFL going to allow Donte Whitner to run 25+ yards at full speed, and spear the RB at the end of a run play? It happened at least 3-4 times in this game and even Ray Rice took exception to it after the 2-3rd one.

I agree with you. Not of the Ed Reed non-call, maybe I'm watching that play through the eyes of a fan :)...but realistically the non-calls aren't the reason the 49ers lost. They played a very good team, turned the ball over too often, played very poorly in the first half...you just can't expect to win a Super Bowl playing only one-half of football.

And I agree with you that Jim Harbaugh needs to control his emotions much better, he just has to. He can say what he wants in private, but in public he'd be wise to begin to emulate Bill Walsh. You never saw Walsh throw a temper-tantrum as Jim Harbaugh does on a regular basis. It's unprofessional. He needs to clean up that part of his coaching repertoire.

The best thing that Jim Harbaugh could do right now is apologize for his outbursts. Just apologize. People can accept a lot of faults if you simply apologize.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fuKrcjskQiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fuKrcjskQiU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

That was just weird. :covri:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fuKrcjskQiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He doesn't even look like the same guy anymore. He's about half that size now.

This. I thought it was just me. There's tough football, and then there's hitting defenseless guys in the pile.

Also, when you start off the first 35 minutes of the game down 28-6, spare me the complaints about the officiating. Everybody except your team got the 6:30 PM kickoff notice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom