Harbough fussing over the non-hold call (1 Viewer)

It was a missed call. There were a lot of missed calls throughout the game on both sides. I would be mad too.

He is on the money. That call ruined that game for them. That was holding or pass interference all the way. That entire game, they didn't call the ravens once for jumping off sides which they did constantly. The play before that, there was a very obvious helmet to helmet hit on the QB, and no flag. I thought Goodell was all for player protection?

Look I don't care if it's the 49ers or the Vikings or even the Falcons. The Niners got screwed big time in that game. If that was our Saints, I know you'd all be outraged. They didn't get called off sides on the 2 point conversion which they totally were, they didn't called for the helmet to helmet hit on 3rd and goal, NO CALL for off sides or pass interference/holding on the 4th and goal play that decided the game.

You can say what you want about Harbaugh but if that was the Saints and Payton don't freak out like that, yeah you'd all be wanting him to blow up too.

The Niners got royally screwed in this game by the refs. Mail them a ring Baltimore, they made sure they sent your thug role model and murderer out with another ring.

Ok so he was on the money...there was a hold but Crabtree also pushed off...right in the face of the defender. So which do you call? I think niether was the right answer.

That's not accurate. The play would have still taken the same time, the flag doesn't automatically stop the clock or the play. The refs would let the play continue.

At the conclusion of the play, the refs would have announced the penalty and the 49ers would have had the option of accepting the penalty which would end in a safety or declining the penalty which would end in a safety.

The refs throwing the flag would not have affected the outcome of that play ONE IOTA. The EXACT same amount of time would have gone off the clock.

Just like when there is offensive pass intereference, after the flag is thrown it does not automatically stop the clock or the play, the officials let the entire play play out and then sort it out at the conclusion of the action.

Saw a couple of pundits saying that the Ravens were strategically and intentionally holding on the safety call as they knew it would allow them to burn more time and the penalty was essentially nothing as they already planned to take the safety.

A few links:
Holding on intentional safety exposes loophole in rules | ProFootballTalk
Super Bowl XLVII: Ravens beat 49ers 34-31 after a record return, a blackout, and an intentional safety. - Slate Magazine
Y! SPORTS

I think Peter King discussed this and indicated he was told it was intentional and directed by the coaches from the sideline (but I can't find the link).

The weird part was no flags flew and the refs didn't even bother calling the holds (though they would have had no effect).

Great coaching IMO to take advantage of the rules as they exist.

You can NOT play like garbage and get into a 28-6 hole and then blame your loss on one no-call at the end of the game. #PlayBetterEarly

crying%20baby_1.jpg

A picture from the press conference.

BTW the 9er corners were holding the raven recievers ALL GAME! Especially Torrey Smith. So go cry to your mom Jim. I am glad they lost LOL

y'all who keep saying this need to rewatch that play. the ball bounced one yard out of bounds.

i like the non-call, but the ball was catchable.

Eric Mangini said that in his opinion, Crabtree was looking for a back-shoulder throw and Kaepernick was obviously thowing a fade...but as far as the ball being too far out of bounds to catch ...I agree that he could have had a chance if he was running the fade.

It was a hold, and I'd be griping, too. Not that I feel bad for the Niners one iota.

Saw a couple of pundits saying that the Ravens were strategically and intentionally holding on the safety call as they knew it would allow them to burn more time and the penalty was essentially nothing as they already planned to take the safety.

A few links:
Holding on intentional safety exposes loophole in rules | ProFootballTalk
Super Bowl XLVII: Ravens beat 49ers 34-31 after a record return, a blackout, and an intentional safety. - Slate Magazine
Y! SPORTS

I think Peter King discussed this and indicated he was told it was intentional and directed by the coaches from the sideline (but I can't find the link).

The weird part was no flags flew and the refs didn't even bother calling the holds (though they would have had no effect).

Great coaching IMO to take advantage of the rules as they exist.

This was a genius move by Harbaugh to have his guys intentionally hold in that situation.

In my opinion though, the competition committee should take a serious look at fixing this loophole in the rule book. A part of me even thinks intentionally committing a penalty like that should result in some sort of unsportsmanlike conduct foul.

He is just like Mike Smith ... and I always get the feeling that a good portion of their act is just that, an act. It's done for effect. IOW, they only LOOK like they've lost control but they are completely aware of what they're doing with the headset and play sheet throwing.

Also, why do we get a penalty for Vitt being out of the coach's box but both Mike Smith and Jim Harbaugh are routinely in the middle of the field doing their act and never get called on it.

Jim Harbaugh is definitely someones "little brother". To throw a tantrum like that, and still be fuming over it later. By the way, he does that at least once a game. What about the roughing the passer calls? And the roughing the kicker? And all the other calls that went their way? Its the ebb and flow of the game. Questionable calls were made AGAINST BOTH TEAMS. I personally think it was a clean play, where both guys were fighting. Hey, Crabtree didnt complain, and we know how WRs are when they think they've been interfered with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom