Hardee gave his first career INT football to Lattimore in gratitude for his mentorship (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really cool. Apparently Lattimore has been working hard with Hardee to help him be a better defensive back - putting in extra time at practice and elsewhere. Hardee showed his appreciation by giving Lattimore the ball from his first career pick.

Just in case you don't know the backstory, Hardee was a wide receiver at Glenville High School in Cleveland. The coach there is Ted Ginn Sr. and Hardee and Lattimore were teammates. Hardee went to the University of Illinois as a WR. After college, Hardee signed with the Texans as an UDFA in 2017, at the WR position. He was released at the 53-man cut - but the Saints signed him to the practice squad "as a defensive back." So Hardee's entire history as a DB is just since last year, and only with the Saints.

View: https://twitter.com/jhardee_19/status/1051991955264204800

Last edited:
Great story. Hope his hard work pays off even more going forward.

Wait...I thought Lattimore let his rookie success go to his head and was lazy this off season.

Wow.
so hold up...Hardee converted to DB a year ago? just WOW.

on a side...always wondered why more teams didnt do this..WR to DB or DB to WR. Knowing routes and tells....its like knowing both sides. I guess investing the time and waiting for payoff isnt soon enough in most instances.

I love this team. Especially the camaraderie that spreads across lines of offense and defense. They all get down - like party get down, not down in the dumps - when either unit does something awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom