Hardest Question? (1 Viewer)

NewOrleansBoy

Clemson Football Walk-On
Reaction score
How can arguably the most talented Saints roster ever looks like the worse Saints team ever out of the last decade? My god, I have never seen this team play horrible in back to back weeks for so long.

For now, maybe tamper your 13+ wins expectations...I'd be happy winning 10 games as a WC.

It’s not that difficult of a question. Either Brees doesn’t have it anymore or Payton doesn’t trust Drew anymore. Those are the only two options. I am so sick of seeing a 2 yard pass on a 3rd and 10. We didn’t throw it deep 1 time in this game.

Or, could it be DA finally ran his course? The fact that there isn't a clear cut answer is enough for debate.

With Cameron Jordan playing like crap, these DEs are worse than just about every DE combo we’ve ever had. It’s only been two weeks, so I still believe but egads no wonder we tried to sign Clowney

How can arguably the most talented Saints roster ever looks like the worse Saints team ever out of the last decade? My god, I have never seen this team play horrible in back to back weeks for so long.

For now, maybe tamper your 13+ wins expectations...I'd be happy winning 10 games as a WC.

Now, who said it was the most talented Saints roster ever ?!?!
Go back and look at the 2008-10 rosters

It’s not that difficult of a question. Either Brees doesn’t have it anymore or Payton doesn’t trust Drew anymore. Those are the only two options. I am so sick of seeing a 2 yard pass on a 3rd and 10. We didn’t throw it deep 1 time in this game.

Payton trusts Brees too much. The Saints ran the ball five times in the entire second half. They abandoned the run and tried to sling it around the field. It doesn't work anymore.

It’s not just about talent tho, guys looked sloppy and legathric. Only guys came to play was Demario, Hendrickson, Kamara, Tre’Quan and Harris. Need more guys to show up than that.

Payton trusts Brees too much. The Saints ran the ball five times in the entire second half. They abandoned the run and tried to sling it around the field. It doesn't work anymore.

We abandoned the run because we were losing the game. And Sean called exactly 0 “down the field” shots. 3rd down an 12, we throw it to the flat. That it NOT trusting your QB

We had a 3rd and 22 late in the 3rd quarter.

Take into consideration shotgun formation and a slight back pedal before stepping up and throwing. You are talking about a 30 yard pass in the air up the seem. Or a 35 yard pass in the air to the sideline.

We need to pull Brees in these situations. He doesn’t have the arm to thread it between defenders at that distance. Unless the DB really gets messed up.

We abandoned the run because we were losing the game. And Sean called exactly 0 “down the field” shots. 3rd down an 12, we throw it to the flat. That it NOT trusting your QB
Right and if this is the case why not bring in Taysom more?

The truth is we got outcoached, outplayed, and shot ourselves in the foot quite a bit. We beat a good team pretty handily last week. I will chalk this up as a bad game. Not sure what went wrong because we looked sharp the whole first quarter tonight. Basically, we are only going to go as far as our defense takes us this seasons, and tonight they completely disappeared. Hopefully they bounce back.

Or, could it be DA finally ran his course? The fact that there isn't a clear cut answer is enough for debate.

Since when does DA call a throw to the flats on 3rd and long?? I’ll grant that our defense was garbage today. But our offense was even worse. I’m so sick of the “kill them with paper cuts” mentality. It isn’t working.

I don't think the Saints will win a game until Mike Thomas comes back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom